We don't hide behind a paywall!

Log and analyse training, find events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more.
Join Fetcheveryone

Fetch Birdwatchers

2 lurkers | 150 watchers
23 Jan
5:57pm, 23 Jan 2022
53851 posts
  •  
  •  
Derby Tup
Westbound?
J2R
23 Jan
7:18pm, 23 Jan 2022
4055 posts
  •  
  •  
J2R
Great morning yesterday, in brilliant winter sunshine, at Holkham, Norfolk. Cacophony of pink-footed geese in huge skeins flying over, and feeding on the marsh, loads of wigeon and the biggest flock of lapwings I've seen for many years. On the beach loads of skittery sanderlings.
23 Jan
7:21pm, 23 Jan 2022
53852 posts
  •  
  •  
Derby Tup
Sounds ace. I miss the Suffolk sanderlings I saw virtually every day over Christmas
23 Jan
8:27pm, 23 Jan 2022
20319 posts
  •  
  •  
flanker
DT, more SW than W
23 Jan
8:38pm, 23 Jan 2022
3105 posts
  •  
  •  
flyingfinn
Woodcock calling from the woods above the village this evening just after dark. There have been regular reports recently of them leaving a roost in the reedbed at this end of the res around sunset and I've heard them call previously from a wood by the res but never from the village or that close to home.
J2R
23 Jan
9:55pm, 23 Jan 2022
4056 posts
  •  
  •  
J2R
Pretty sure I heard the ping of a bearded tit in the reeds today, but didn't see it. Perhaps wishful thinking.
10:16am
10:16am, 24 Jan 2022
2051 posts
  •  
  •  
Roberto

Spotted a mink at Gibside yesterday. Are they something you are meant to report?
10:34am
10:34am, 24 Jan 2022
53868 posts
  •  
  •  
Derby Tup
Increase in bird song this morning with wren, tits, robin, blackbird and mistle thrush heard
1:01pm
1:01pm, 24 Jan 2022
3106 posts
  •  
  •  
flyingfinn
Roberto, there is no legal requirement to report mink sightings to anyone such as DEFRA but you may well find your local wildlife Trust would be interested. However, if you catch one it must be dispatched not released.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Anahata
BTO BirdTrack: blx1.bto.org

BirdTrack App: bto.org

BTO Website: bto.org

Website for identifying dragon & damselflies: british-dragonflies.org.uk