Fetch and the Art of Car Maintenance

12 watchers
30 Jun
6:11pm, 30 Jun 2022
24960 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
I’ve just spent longer than it should have taken attaching the bracket for adding caravan electrics to the Landrover. Fortunately I’ve got a garage full of long bars, an impact driver and a can of PlusGas, so there’s not much that won’t shift eventually. Let’s hope that’s the hard bit done and the wiggly amps bit will be a piece of cake*.

* clearly unlikely, given my track record with electrickery.

Contact! Wait, out.
30 Jun
6:20pm, 30 Jun 2022
1193 posts
  •  
Sam Jelfs
Ah, land rover electrics, good luck!
30 Jun
6:42pm, 30 Jun 2022
8960 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
I’ve just spent longer than it should have taken attaching the bracket for adding caravan electrics to the Landrover. Fortunately I’ve got a garage full of long bars, an impact driver and a can of PlusGas, so there’s not much that won’t shift eventually. Let’s hope that’s the hard bit done and the wiggly amps bit will be a piece of cake*. * clearly unlikely, given my track record with electrickery. Contact! Wait, out.
I imagine you've got some decent FO-big hammers too :-)
30 Jun
9:21pm, 30 Jun 2022
24961 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
I have indeed! :)
1 Jul
10:17am, 1 Jul 2022
8961 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Thought so. Essential items.
1 Jul
9:44pm, 1 Jul 2022
24973 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
Frustrating day of piss poor wiring diagrams, incomplete instructions, inaccessible clips/chocboxes and sundry annoyances. Punctuated by torrential thunderstorm showers. The toys left the cot some hours ago.

Fair to say it’s been a bit of a trial, and it’s not over yet. We have finally made a wee bit of progress though. Hoping to get it finished tomorrow.

Blue smoke and bloody mirrors, I tell you.
3 Jul
5:56pm, 3 Jul 2022
24980 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
Pass me a cold beer. I'm a winner! :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hello :-)

Katie’s car won’t start. My first thought is that it’s battery related. I’ve pu...

Heart Rate Analysis

See your heart rate training data from the last 12 months broken down in technicolour.

Flat as a pancake?

We've collected thousands of your reviews from events, and worked out which races give you the best chance of a fast time!

UTMOST

Beat your league rivals to gain weekly promotion. Compete at every distance from a mile to a marathon.

Marathon Prediction

We delve deeper to give you greater insights when working out your goal marathon time.

X

Free training & racing tools for runners, cyclists, swimmers & walkers.

Fetcheveryone lets you analyse your training, find races, plot routes, chat in our forum, get advice, play games - and more! Nothing is behind a paywall, and it'll stay that way thanks to our awesome community!
Get Started
Click here to join 108,778 Fetchies!
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here