Femoral Acetabular Impingement - anyone any experience?

1 watcher
Sep 2013
11:21am, 12 Sep 2013
First-time poster!!
  •  
Fearnie
Hi

Does anyone have any experience of Femoral Acetabular Impingement? I've just been diagnosed, so I was wondering how long the recovery time is, and any tips on healing quickly etc?

Cheers!
Sep 2013
5:38pm, 12 Sep 2013
21 posts
  •  
Pipes
Hi Fearnie - I've had it in both hips. I've had 2 operations in the past 2 years. The recovery was pretty slow, but I'm now back running 6 times a week. I now do shorter distances, but I haven't ruled out something longer in the future. Feel free to ask anything - happy to help, as I know how frustrating it can be finding realistic (and positive) stories on the web.

Are you looking at having an arthroscopy? Working on your core, especially glutes, is definitely one tip. My hips liked cycling when I couldn't run.
Sep 2013
9:17pm, 12 Sep 2013
2 posts
  •  
Fearnie
Hi Pipes

Thanks for this. It actually hasn't been caused by running - it was Thai boxing that did it! It's never been a problem running. My core etc is very strong - most likely far stronger than my running!

Not sure what I'm doing yet - need to speak to the doctors yet, I just wanted to know what I was looking at, and whether there were any questions I should be asking them.

My main problem is lack of flexibility - I can't squat like I should be able too, and can't stretch my adductors cos the hip won't let me - which in turn could cause other problems, which is why I'm getting it sorted.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hi

Does anyone have any experience of Femoral Acetabular Impingement? I've just been diagnosed, ...