Falkirk Victoria Harriers

35 watchers
Jul 2015
11:15am, 14 Jul 2015
2,633 posts
  •  
STOOSH
Mainly when no organised session unless there are a few closing in on marathon day. I might move to tempos in a few weeks but for now I'm going with the sadistic sessions ;-)
Jul 2015
11:29am, 14 Jul 2015
1,247 posts
  •  
Tizer
Be a while before Im back to running at tempo pace. Still struggling with hip flexor / groin / achilles issues and even the 44 mile total for June doesn't seem to have helped it get better. Baws. Don, saw your post on 3:15 thread. LN is a tough course but only takes about an hour to get to the start and is an ok journey so don't let that part put you off.

Its a pb course but wont count as a pb because of the net downhill. I found it tough though. The first 9 miles are downhill but really messed up my qauds so you'd need to train for that accordingly
Jul 2015
11:56am, 14 Jul 2015
66 posts
  •  
donran
Stoosh: Cheers, I could do with speedwork anyway so I'll keep coming along on a Thursday but think tempos would be a little kinder on the legs and fit in better with the rest of my marathon training.

Tizer: Sorry to hear that you are still struggling. Does this all stem back to EMF? Thanks, I'm not great on downhills at the best of times so I'd definitely need to prepare for it. I read blogs about Loch Ness which talked about 7am buses (10am start) with long journeys and a fair amount of waiting at the other end. Sounds like that isn't the norm then.
Jul 2015
12:01pm, 14 Jul 2015
1,248 posts
  •  
Tizer
I think we got a later bus so didn't have to hang around that long at the start. 20 mins maybe?

The hip flexor problem is definitely from EMF (started about half way through the marathon) but the other are ongoing issues that don't seem to be getting better. Don't help myself by refusing to rest for longer than 2-3 days. Physio again tomorrow so hoping he sees there has been some improvement , even if it may not feel like it!
Jul 2015
12:14pm, 14 Jul 2015
1,986 posts
  •  
baz p
my left thigh muscle is still solid from the weekends hill race. no running this week. too sore! will probably do more "runnable" hill races as nothing really in the plan at the moment.

don - LN a decent course, lumpy in places. bus was ok, as tizer said 20 min hang about at start for bus (if that), hour journey on bus then maybe 30-40 min wait at start. it doesn't seem it and is actually ok.

tizer you'll be too busy answering all the questions you've been sent for MOTM :)
Jul 2015
12:24pm, 14 Jul 2015
1,249 posts
  •  
Tizer
Just finished the current last one now :-)
Jul 2015
2:53pm, 14 Jul 2015
1,987 posts
  •  
baz p
are we getting a preview of the photo, is it taps aff in the sun holding a beer/gin/whiskey/hooters girl (delete as appropriate)?
Jul 2015
2:55pm, 14 Jul 2015
2,634 posts
  •  
STOOSH
LN is great, love that marathon.. buses leave at 8am normally but recommend your on it for 7.45.. The bus tour to the start is scenic after leaving the motorway and you can count sheep 🐑 to ease the nerves ;-)

Baz - my legs are a mess after Saturday and certainly not helping them with the constant onslaught of running every day. Tonight's session may be binned in favour of an easy run if I can't get them moving :$
Jul 2015
2:57pm, 14 Jul 2015
1,988 posts
  •  
baz p
bofra.org.uk

99 hill runners and a sheep aint one.

stoosh your kay-razzzeyyy! I iz not even looking at my trainers this week, still walking like john wayne. There is a Dumyat dash at the end of October, may look at that as my next go at hill running. id like to try a more runnable hill/fell race.
Jul 2015
3:02pm, 14 Jul 2015
2,635 posts
  •  
STOOSH
Ha, love the fact they spelt my name wrong and it wasn't even on a coffee cup ;-)

Didn't realise you were so close to me baz, probably as I tumbled rather than run down the hill ;-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Tizer
Okay, this one comes up alot so lets start here

"The area between the top of the aerobic thresho...