Expo - your day/time

6 watchers
Apr 2012
9:40am, 19 Apr 2012
10,083 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2002
not that impressed with the expo this year...

Not sure whether it's due to the fact that I'm not running in it, or because it wasn't too busy, or I went on my own, but I just didn't feel the buzz this time round. I was hoping to pickup a bargin or too but everything seemed to be at VLM prices (i.e. same as highstreet if not more). I did buy a spare pair of recovery sock for my baby cows (I swear by these) but all-in-all it felt like a waste of time. :O\
Apr 2012
9:42am, 19 Apr 2012
6,241 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
Maybe by the time that johnny-come-latelys like me get there on saturday they will have reduced the prices ?
Apr 2012
9:47am, 19 Apr 2012
10,084 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2002
lol...I doubt it very much... ;-)
Apr 2012
10:02pm, 19 Apr 2012
3,723 posts
  •  
Trin
Now on the train back to the West Countray... going home from a big day out in London :)
Certainly not so much tempting stuff at expo this year as there has been in past years... which is a good thing coz my credit card has come away relatively unscathed ;)

Shock news of the day.... there is no Nike stand at expo! :-O

Though I didn't realise until Slowduck pointed it out.

Heard a little of Martin Yellings top tips and the word for the day appears to be 'Super' ;)

Mr has now been to his first expo... he must have been 'super' impressed because he's now snoozing next to me ;)
Apr 2012
10:24pm, 19 Apr 2012
41,215 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Like going mid week as it is not so mad, but since Virgin have taken over it hasnt the same atmosphere at all
Apr 2012
11:49am, 20 Apr 2012
4,367 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
I'll be there later. Grey/green hoody, massive brown rucksack, and most likely with a lost look, overawed by marathonny goodness. Or something like that...
Apr 2012
3:29pm, 21 Apr 2012
7,392 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
True PH, Flora knew how to put on a good spread.
Apr 2012
3:51pm, 21 Apr 2012
7,473 posts
  •  
Stander
*tumbleweed*
Apr 2019
2:29pm, 9 Apr 2019
111,703 posts
  •  
GregP
Haha! I get it now.
May 2019
10:19am, 1 May 2019
28,057 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
The Expo was very very disappointing this year. From the closure of Custom House DLR station on Saturday to the closure of at least 50% of the WCs along the ExCel Centre main walkway, I felt almost embarrassed for overseas/other visitors experiencing London's hosting of a World Marathon Major. I'll admit that my only other expo experience is Berlin, but both at Tempelhof and at the temporary place they used for a couple of recent years, it was a lot better than London in 2019.

Once inside, why are the product companies not there? Where were the shoe companies, the clothing brands (other than NB), the gel manufacturers and even several major watch/GPS brands? We were anticipating at least an hour there, but were in and out in under 30 minutes.

Are my expectations too high?

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Someone usually does this for those sociable types that might want to say hi to other Fetchies. Jus...