Expensive gadgets - what to buy

4 watchers
Jan 2016
10:02pm, 20 Jan 2016
5,338 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
I'm just pleased to see John66 back on Fetch.
Jan 2016
8:45am, 21 Jan 2016
2,755 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
we are far more impressed by the Sonos than Bose, we have the Sonos soundbar, plus two play ones, one play two and I think a play 3
Jan 2016
7:02pm, 22 Jan 2016
447 posts
  •  
pink fairy
I think sonos v bose depends on how you listen to music. So we don't use Spotify or any other streaming service regularly and most of our music is as mp3s on my phone. Bose means you just connect them via Bluetooth and it works as a better phone speaker. Sonos uses your home network, but has really good integration with Spotify etc but uses the cloud storage (I think). We picked by going to John Lewis and having a play with both and decided the more simple/portable system suited us more, but I can see why others would pick sonos.
Jan 2016
8:56pm, 22 Jan 2016
25,302 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Thanks all, PF my colleague at work explained some of the additional features of Sonos (streaming home network etc.) but my need is closer to just a bluetooth wireless speaker for my phone or ipad. Another brand mentioned was Monitor Audio (they did bril speakers back in the analog day, iirc.) Off to John Lewis this weekend to check colour, size (her) and noise, features (me - I kid you not!) Thanks, :-) G
Jan 2016
6:58pm, 25 Jan 2016
448 posts
  •  
pink fairy
Hope you had a successful shopping trip HG!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by John66
Not been on here for a bit - used to spend bloody hours so stepped away (and got addicted to faceboo...