Events in 2021

10 watchers
Oct 2020
7:37am, 2 Oct 2020
407 posts
  •  
stilldreaming
I've had a couple of trail races in the Peak District postponed to next year. Their reasoning (which I totally support) included the fact that the runs were due to be held in popular areas and, with the increase in visitors to the Peak District since Covid, they were concerned about the risks to runners and members of the public. Thought this was a fair point and one which had put me off entering a couple of well-known trail races in the Lake District this autumn. As runners we do need to think about how we are perceived by the general public and I'm not sure that lots of runners on shared paths (even if well spaced out) is good look?
Oct 2020
7:43am, 2 Oct 2020
291 posts
  •  
Hunkyteddy
The Grizzly cancelled a while back. Or at least has been put back from March to October 21
Oct 2020
11:31pm, 2 Oct 2020
4,944 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Like McG, I'm down for the Brighton Marathon in April. I think it's more likely that it will be postponed again with a September race the likely outcome.
Oct 2020
11:35pm, 2 Oct 2020
4,945 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I tuned in to an EA webinar on Monday morning for race organisers and it was very interesting to hear about all the additional requirements and things to take into consideration.

After our 10k was cancelled this year, I am now looking into a Covid-19 friendly event come June as we only get around 50-70 runners. My only concern is that some out-and-back sections are not as wide as we would like and staggering the start could be more of a problem than if everyone started together, albeit socially distanced.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
Just seen that the Ashby 20 which is normally in March has made the decision to make 2021 a virtual ...