Eureka! Look what I figured out

61 watchers
Nov 2022
8:15am, 16 Nov 2022
4,979 posts
  •  
Groundhog
I think that's only worth doing for extreme grammar pedantry.
Nov 2023
3:09pm, 9 Nov 2023
5,830 posts
  •  
Groundhog
Toast related - though probably obvious to most people:

Any time I have toast using regular bread baked in a tin, it is a bit rectangular with a definite top, bottom and sides. I put the bread in the toaster topside up (you would though) and have always been a bit disappointed that the top inch is not as well toasted as the rest.

Yesterday I put the bread in sideways and it fitted perfectly in the toaster and resulted in perfect toast, evenly golden across the whole slice.

Some eureka moments may not be groundbreaking in a global sense, but it was genuinely pleasing to me - my toast preparation is much more efficient.

Now if only I could find a cheap 3 slice toaster, so I could do either 1, 2 or 3 slices of bread at once and not use twice the power necessary when I want just one slice.
Nov 2023
3:18pm, 9 Nov 2023
4,673 posts
  •  
StuH
I regularly put mine in sideways but sometimes they need a bit of encouragement to go down. Then they can sometimes stick when the toaster attempts to pop up. One day I will get distracted and come back to charcoal toast or a burning kitchen!
Nov 2023
3:42pm, 9 Nov 2023
48,389 posts
  •  
DocM
if only you could have waited one more week, Groundhog you could have claimed eureka was a yearly ground hog day
Nov 2023
3:51pm, 9 Nov 2023
31,243 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Those two tabs at the end of boxes of tinfoil...
Nov 2023
3:51pm, 9 Nov 2023
31,244 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Oh, and if you turn a 4 pack of Stella upside down its got an easy opening mechanism.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Really useful or really obvious but I figured this out all but myself.

Like, when I get out of t...