Erm, any doctors or physios out there?

2 watchers
WA
Oct 2021
7:47pm, 6 Oct 2021
9,121 posts
  •  
WA
After the Turpin Challenge a couple of weeks ago my rightachilles was a bit niggly, and this spread up to my calf. The achilles had eased but my calf has been tight. I've just stepped down a large step, landing on my right foot and got sudden shooting pain from heel up. The inside bit of my leg near the ankle is swollen. I don't think it was swollen before. I can walk on it, but bending leg and putting weight through it is painful (going downstairs)
Any ideas what I've done, and how to fix it?
WA
Oct 2021
7:48pm, 6 Oct 2021
9,122 posts
  •  
WA
Thanks!
Oct 2021
8:38am, 7 Oct 2021
39,917 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Not a doc or phys but just bouncing the thread! We've also got a thread for calf rehab (for those of us suffering with long term calf probs!)

fetcheveryone.com/forum/calf-injury-57000/

I'd assume usual fixes? Rest, elevate, ice, anti-inflams to reduce inflammation if you want too (NSAIDs e.g. ibuprofen, as long as you're not allergic etc.)

Then after couple weeks of rest, some gentle massage, application of heat etc. to get blood flow going, then gentle re-loading (either walk, gentle run or exercises to start strengthening, like eccentric heel drops for achilles or calf raises for calf).

Best wishes for speed recovery. :-) G
Oct 2021
1:17pm, 7 Oct 2021
21,405 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
There are some other related threads now linked >>>
Maybe one of those will help, WA.
MsG
Oct 2021
9:48pm, 7 Oct 2021
1,929 posts
  •  
MsG
Read this just to be on the safe side and rule it out nhs.uk

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by MabelMoonface
After the Turpin Challenge a couple of weeks ago my rightachilles was a bit niggly, and this spread up to my calf. The achilles had eased but my calf has been tight. I've just stepped down a large step, landing on my right foot and got sudden shooting pain from heel up. The inside bit of my leg near the ankle is swollen. I don't think it was swollen before. I can walk on it, but bending leg and putting weight through it is painful (going downstairs)
Any ideas what I've done, and ...