Equinox24 2016

2 watchers
Dec 2015
9:29pm, 16 Dec 2015
54 posts
  •  
JustTony
Just got the go-ahead from the MD at work go enter a team in next years event (2016). Quite excited but got a marathon to do first in July. Anyone else doing it or has done it in the past? Tips welcome. Wondering how I can keep my TomTom, phone and iPod charged with all that running about. Maybe that shouldn't be my greatest priority!
Jan 2016
8:48pm, 21 Jan 2016
46 posts
  •  
RogS128
You can get a 10000mAh battery pack for a reasonable price these days which should keep everything going. However the phone signal in the grounds of Belvoir castle isn't great. Very limited mobile data connection, if any... As for an iPod... leave it at home and enjoy the company and encouragement of the others taking part. On an event like this you get more chance to talk to people you normally wouldn't meet. You could end up doing with a lap with someone who is 12 miles ahead of you or 6 miles behind.

I did the first one in 2013 and am going back for another solo effort to try and improve on my previous performance. Might see you there :o)
Jul 2016
9:14pm, 20 Jul 2016
13,755 posts
  •  
Gooner
Starting to get excited about Equinox now with Thunder run this weekend. Using it as a tester for Equinox as we kind of blew up last year.
Jul 2016
9:40am, 21 Jul 2016
119 posts
  •  
RunnyRunRun
I'm there again! Not looking forward to Hill of Death again though. Hopefully they will have installed some form of stairlift there this year.
Jul 2016
10:17am, 21 Jul 2016
13,768 posts
  •  
Gooner
I keep telling myself that it isn't as bad as I remember....and until I get to it on the 1st lap, I shall continue to pretend! haha
Sep 2016
6:09pm, 17 Sep 2016
14,109 posts
  •  
Gooner
Saw quite a few Fetchies on my last lap as I was wearing my Fetch clobber :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by JustTony
Just got the go-ahead from the MD at work go enter a team in next years event (2016). Quite excited ...