Energy gels advice

5 watchers
Jul 2012
2:07pm, 25 Jul 2012
12,391 posts
  •  
DeeGee
SiS are one of the few that don't kick me in the guts, along with High5 Isogel.
Jul 2012
8:48pm, 26 Jul 2012
1,347 posts
  •  
minardi.
My stomach appears to have developed an adverse reaction to Hi5 gels after a few years :-o Any suggestions for an alternative?
Sep 2012
8:37pm, 5 Sep 2012
2 posts
  •  
capt.
i have given up on gels. i now use powerbar energize shots (cola or lemon flavour).
Sep 2012
9:00pm, 5 Sep 2012
12,604 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Jelly babies, in one of those little bags you get from banks to put coins in.
Sep 2012
9:09pm, 5 Sep 2012
64 posts
  •  
Vicky W
I like either dried apricots or the Viper gels.

Apparently the viper gels are also supposed to be taken with water, but noone ever told me that when I first tried them so I just used the berry flavour and pretended its the raspberry syrup in the middle of a muffin, yum.
Sep 2012
9:09pm, 5 Sep 2012
3 posts
  •  
capt.
yes deegee jelly babies are good too and cheaper but i find they are to dry and harder too eat.
Sep 2012
9:32pm, 5 Sep 2012
2,021 posts
  •  
Jon_T
I use the Power bar gels, lemon and lime are ok, other flavours quite sweet
Sep 2012
9:44pm, 5 Sep 2012
166 posts
  •  
AndrewS
I had a bad experience with jelly babies at the Reading Half once. There were these kids handing them out to us outside a school.
I was struggling a bit at the time and thought that the sugar would do me good. After shoving a handfull of the wee beasties in my mouth I soon realised that I had a mouthful of soggy gloop that I couldn't swallow due to my dry mouth. I ended up vomiting the whole lot back up about 100m later :-(
Probably should have eaten them one at a time I guess.

Also, I remember that there was a layer of squashed Jelly Babies all over the road in that area too. I was still picking out out sugary lumps from my shoes weeks later.
Oct 2012
10:14am, 9 Oct 2012
1,073 posts
  •  
HuwH
I have been using lucozade body fuel gels. However I and have been told by the lucozade shop that they have been discontinued! I've enough to do Abingdon but does anyone have any suggestions on what are similar to the lucozade. I tried the SIS go 60ml at the weekend for a long run and found them a bit weak tasting. Want to start trying some out in the run up to VLM. Any other recommendations for the High five and anyone know what the difference between high five and the high five plus.
Oct 2012
10:34am, 9 Oct 2012
13,892 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Caffeine. Plus has it, others dont.

About This Thread

Maintained by DiscoSteve
Afternoon all

Am sure a lot of it is just down to personal preference but was wondering if anyone...