Endure 24 Reading (but northerners also welcome)

16 watchers
Jun 2019
3:51pm, 16 Jun 2019
6,594 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Bosun Tony did 100 miles! I saw Sinj and Cstar as well. I managed 9 laps and am now in the bath trying not to fall asleep. Both of my blisters burst when running so my feet aren’t a pretty sight. Awesome weekend!
Jun 2019
8:28pm, 16 Jun 2019
618 posts
  •  
Dibble
Well done CW. I also saw Bosun Tony (but he didn't see me) - I think he was concentrating too much!

Really enjoyed a fairly steady 6 laps for our parkrun team which makes a total of 20 laps over the 3 years I have done the event. Doesn't get me the 100 mile T-shirt though!
Jun 2019
8:40pm, 16 Jun 2019
3,142 posts
  •  
StuH
A brilliant weekend, well done everyone. Only managed half of my optimistic target at 50 miles, but by 1am I was done! My feet are battered but otherwise not too bad.

Saw Bosun Tony on the course, and Mr K helping out at a marshall point once he had done running dressed as a rabbit! Thought he was a sheep, getting tired by then!

Saw Dipps and got shouts from Groundhog and Sallykate. Saw DavidGould finishing a lap as I was packing up. Sorry if I missed anyone else.
Jun 2019
9:54pm, 16 Jun 2019
480 posts
  •  
Groundhog
I had a lovely time at endure. Marathon on Friday then being part of a team of 7. I was lucky to see Bosun Tony for a little chat on the start of one of his laps, a couple of shout outs to StuH. Also found Serendippily (and was it c9 being a doggy mummy?) and her team for a chat between laps.
Jun 2019
12:57pm, 17 Jun 2019
909 posts
  •  
Bosun Tony
Hi folks, what an event ! hobbling around the BA lounge waiting for my flight back to Aberdeen.....then back to the ship tomorrow !
Thanks Groundhog for coming up and saying hello....sorry if I never said much....you understand !!
Was looking out for Fetchies....we need to wear our tops more !! lol
100 miles, 3 times at Endure, but this is the toughest of them all, I coud have quite happily called it a day at 80, I was totally done...but then knew I would be kicking myself the following day (if I could move my leg !)
Well done on the mileage everbody, that was tough......we should all be very proud !
Jun 2019
12:59pm, 17 Jun 2019
31,785 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Well done all. Tony, great to hear from you. Haven't seen you for... 10 years?! (Glen Clova 2009?! Or was there a Scottish Fetch Mile some time more recently.) 24 hours / 100 miles is always a brilliant achievement. :-) G
Jun 2019
1:09pm, 17 Jun 2019
910 posts
  •  
Bosun Tony
Hi mate, yes been a long time ! it was indead Glen Clova, .....god I feel old !

Think the old bones are more for plodding along than cutting seconds off my marathon times these days.
Suffering a bit now....but that will pass......I'll always have the T shirt and medal !
Cheers G
Jun 2019
1:15pm, 17 Jun 2019
3,519 posts
  •  
Mr. K.
Tony, you did look strong each time you went passed me (I was at marshal point 3 from 6pm to midnight.

I had fun at the weekend - next year I`m back in a team. Yeap clearly avoiding `pairs`
Jun 2019
1:16pm, 17 Jun 2019
3,520 posts
  •  
Mr. K.
Stu - as a `sheep`.. some folks thought I was a dog & a Polar Bear but not a sheep ;-)
Jun 2019
1:17pm, 17 Jun 2019
31,787 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Err, I've just checked. It was Glen Clova 2008!! If you feel old, bear in mind it was 2 decades ago for me (50 this year and I was 39 in 2008!) :-O

I love that picture of you training on your boat, with the swell so big it hides the oil rig in background! :-) G

About This Thread

Maintained by LindsD
Sorry if there's already a thread for this, but I couldn't find one.

I'm a newbie...