Endurancelife CTS Northumberland

2 watchers
Feb 2014
10:05am, 25 Feb 2014
890 posts
  •  
RicC
Morning all,

Anyone have any previous experience or local knowledge of this race that could give any advice on footwear for this race? Is it proper off road shoes like Mudrocs? Or trail shoes? Or even ok for road shoes?

A little late to be thinking about this, I know!

Cheers,

Ric
Feb 2014
2:36pm, 25 Feb 2014
17,228 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Not done it, but did have a look last year.
Pretty sure it would be on the trail to road end of the spectrum in terms of grip (depending on the weather) but potentially rocky, so I would probably go trail for the protection.
Feb 2014
8:49pm, 25 Feb 2014
891 posts
  •  
RicC
Thanks Johnny, that's great. Will let you know if it is worth having a go! :)
Aug 2014
7:32pm, 26 Aug 2014
12 posts
  •  
DJ Mac
After completing my first Ultra at the weekend (Speyside Way) I'm looking atthis one for next year. As OP said above - are regular trail shoes sufficient/is there a lot of the route on the sand? Cheers.
Aug 2014
9:48am, 29 Aug 2014
902 posts
  •  
RicC
I never did come back to this thread.

The race was great - I ran it in slightly robust Brooks Adrenaline road shoes and it was ok although they were pretty knackered by the end of it. Not being a regular trail runner I found the impact of the uneven and softer surfaces very hard work and felt it in my hips, knees and ankles. There is a fair bit on sand, particularly towards the end, but my memory is more that there is a lot on uneven grassy areas just back from the beach. Will FMail a link to my GPS trail if you want DJ?

Considering doing it again next year.
Jan 2015
12:51pm, 6 Jan 2015
15 posts
  •  
DJ Mac
I've been away from this site for AAAGGGEEESSS! Yes please RicC - send me your link to have a gander at, cheers!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by RicC
Morning all,

Anyone have any previous experience or local knowledge of this race that could give ...