Elite Athletics Thread

1 lurker | 162 watchers
Aug 2022
1:27pm, 12 Aug 2022
34,693 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
It really doesn’t matter where you sit as they use big screens too, I just like being close up :-)
Aug 2022
1:52pm, 12 Aug 2022
26,078 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Ah, thanks

Hope there’s tickets left on Monday then - and I remember to look
Aug 2022
4:47pm, 12 Aug 2022
4,317 posts
  •  
Curly45
I've snagged some A tickets but I was there at 9:56 refreshing the page! Its a good day out.

If you feel flash with the cash hospitality is GREAT at the stadium. Seats are much more comfortable, views amazing, and as food and drink are free (which are super pricey normally) then its not that bad value.
Aug 2022
4:58pm, 12 Aug 2022
126 posts
  •  
hellywobs
Very tempted to book on Monday. But what's the betting that there will be train strikes that day, or some other reason for the trains not to run. I think I'll stay at home and watch on TV!

I am also a bit miffed that given I volunteer my time as an official, there was no priority booking for officials. Priority and a discount to say thank you would be nice!
Aug 2022
6:56pm, 12 Aug 2022
46,991 posts
  •  
runnerbean
You have to be close up MrsJ otherwise you can’t wave to me
Aug 2022
7:25pm, 12 Aug 2022
34,695 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
I will do my best Beanie 👋🏻
SPR
Aug 2022
11:21am, 15 Aug 2022
37,924 posts
  •  
SPR
We talked about Nike template athletics kits during the world champs. This is about template kits for football teams.

footyheadlines.com
Aug 2022
11:39am, 15 Aug 2022
18,672 posts
  •  
larkim
That makes so much sense in football when the consumer sales of their kit will be significant so they a) want brand consistency and b) have easier setup in terms of the manufacturing process.

Team kit for elite T&F athletes though; do Nike even sell "Team GB" singlets etc? And I don't think most athletics clubs renew their kit annually to keep up with Nike's design styles so those economies of production don't apply so much.

All that said, I do understand Nike and others wanting to get their brand identies out there.
SPR
Aug 2022
11:44am, 15 Aug 2022
37,926 posts
  •  
SPR
I was thinking the opposite actually, the more you sell, the more you want to differentiate (or differentiation becomes economically viable). That's why the A teams aren't on the template.

The Kenyan kit (the only differentiated kit I noticed) is actually sold I believe.
Aug 2022
11:49am, 15 Aug 2022
18,673 posts
  •  
larkim
I suppose in pure volume terms, having unique Liverpool / Man City kits etc isn't a problem as there is so much volume that it justifies unique loom and printing settings.

But if you're printing Brentford or Burnley then the lower volumes will benefit from sharing core pattern designs etc. That was my thinking.

But in terms of sales, I agree. It shows the power of Nike etc that they can "force" the B teams to look similar, even though the clubs (and supporters who buy them) really don't want "their" team to look like the "other" team; but they have to accept it.

Interesting that the Kenyan kit is available to buy.

About This Thread

Maintained by SPR
A thread to discuss any interesting stories or developments in elite athletics.

If there's anything that would be useful to add to the links or here, let me know.

If you enjoy watching athletics why not have a go yourself? If you have any questions about how to go about doing that, ask on the Track & Field Fetchies thread. Someone is bound to be able to help:

fetcheveryone.com/forum/track-field-fetchies-6378/

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.