Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Eleven at eleven

24 watchers
13 Aug
12:19pm, 13 Aug 2020
28074 posts
Wriggling Snake
thanks again, it is really odd how I can sort of narrow it down, but no one particular year pops into my head, I was just trying to think what I was doing in 1986, I was working for the civil service, I can't say what, but involved playing a lot of football and cricket. I ought to have been able to work out the Maradonna goal, but I was far more interested in the dire state of Arsenal....
13 Aug
12:33pm, 13 Aug 2020
4901 posts
Alice the Camel
Thanks macca. List internet so missed the last few clues. I’d have got it from the challenger disaster. I was on teaching practice and we were watching it live ( my class and the class next door) - having to explain what had happened to around 60 7/8year olds will be etched in my memory forever!
13 Aug
12:47pm, 13 Aug 2020
4616 posts
jennyh
Was in a meeting so didn’t see this, wouldn’t have had a clue from the first set, McCarthy and Chernobyl would have had me guessing 85, the royal wedding 87, only the Maradona goal would have finally given me the right year.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by macca 53
Simple rules:
3 sets of questions over about 45 minutes. F-mail me your answer. One guess only - if you get it right after the first set give yourself 4 points, 3 points after the second set, 2 points after the third, you get the idea? If you turn up but still get it wrong you get a point for being a good egg.

Close