Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Elderly parents or relatives to care for and/or worry about? This is the place for you.

97 watchers
22 Nov
12:49am, 22 Nov 2020
2723 posts
Tracey G
I’m in North Essex and my dad is just inside the M25.

My Amazon is my friend for my dad and brother. Ordered lots of PPE etc during the first lockdown.
jda
22 Nov
2:29am, 22 Nov 2020
8824 posts
jda
Ah ok misunderstood your wording.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by LindsD
I thought I'd start a thread, as lots of us have elderly folks that we worry about/care for.

Useful info for after someone dies here (with thanks to grast_girl)
moneysavingexpert.com

Other useful links

myageingparent.com

moneysavingexpert.com

Who pays for residential care? Information here:

ageuk.org.uk

Also: After someone dies, if their home insurance was only in their name, sadly the cover becomes void. But if the policy was in joint names, it will still cover the surviving policyholder (though the names on the policy will need to be updated).

A useful book of exercises for memory loss and dementia
amazon.co.uk

Pension Credit. The rules are a bit complex but if your elderly relative has some sort of disability (in this case dementia/Alzheimer's) and go into a home, they may be able to claim pension credit. So if carers allowance stops, it seems pension credit can start. It can also be backdated.

Close