Elbow bump instead of handshake watch: have you got elbow bump instead of handshake?

5 watchers
Mar 2020
9:40pm, 15 Mar 2020
20,860 posts
  •  
Meglet
There was a very funny thread on twitter of lots of gifs of alternative greetings! I may try Namaste tomorrow. I don't think elbows is a great idea if we've been coughing into them (though if we're coughing we should be isolating), and the foot tap thing is a bit awkward
Mar 2020
10:22am, 16 Mar 2020
19,263 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Grimsby and Cleethorpes District Scouts Annual Awards on Friday night.

As you know, Scouting, like freemasonry, has a special handshake by which members identify one another. However, that went out of the window on Friday and we were subjected to the hilarious image of the Lord Lieutenant of Lincolnshire, as well as the MPs for Great Grimsby and Cleethorpes, fist-bumping passing teenagers.
Mar 2020
2:03pm, 16 Mar 2020
15,314 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Thinking aloud:

Our vets have been pretty much closed today for a contingency planning meeting - Ralph had his ultrasound as planned, but I haven't yet heard the outcome.

Am wondering what impact this will have on vet med. Surely if there's an issue with oxygen/anaesthetic/drug supplies etc, for human use manufacturers may well need to swap production of vetinary varients for human ?

The actives will be the same in many cases, "just" dosage, excipient and presentation differences.

Similar for vet path labs maybe?
Mar 2020
2:04pm, 16 Mar 2020
15,315 posts
  •  
Rosehip
oops sorry, wrong thread!
Mar 2020
2:19pm, 16 Mar 2020
118,858 posts
  •  
GregP
Here will do Rosers. Our cats have their annual jabs next week. Do we offer to postpone? Do we expect them to cancel?
Mar 2020
2:59pm, 16 Mar 2020
15,317 posts
  •  
Rosehip
[- I'd assume all OK - for now ]

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
Elbow-bumping really is a thing - at least it is at my tennis club. After my match last night I elb...