elastic laces

1 watcher
Nov 2015
1:34pm, 3 Nov 2015
6,769 posts
  •  
GordonG
i wear them on my normal (non running) trainers! they're so easy just to slip on and off but, yes, they do tend to George Michael a lot.
Nov 2015
3:19pm, 3 Nov 2015
3,135 posts
  •  
minardi.
I won't wear any new shoes until I get my elastic laces into them (matching colours, natch!) - I can never get normal laces to stay laced regardless of how many times I tie the bow.
D2
Nov 2015
5:07pm, 3 Nov 2015
7,578 posts
  •  
D2
another vote for elastic laces, I got some after an op when I couldn't reach my feet for a while but have keep them as I find them really comfortable.
Nov 2015
8:26pm, 3 Nov 2015
680 posts
  •  
westmoors
I have xtenex elastic laces in all my trainers. I love them. And like minardi, they have to colour coordinate with the shoes!
Nov 2015
9:33pm, 3 Nov 2015
242 posts
  •  
Flatlander
Coincidentally I'd written a blog at the end of October which involved elastic laces. The ones I'd been given had a tab which was clamped on the end of the laces and appears to be irremovable so those laces can only be used in those shoes.
Like some of the other commenters, I can't get the laces as tight as I would prefer (but that could be down to my current condition), which means that my heels lift out a bit. However, their design means they should never come undone.
Nov 2015
9:41pm, 3 Nov 2015
4,515 posts
  •  
Cuddy
I've worn all my running shoes with them for years, love the ease of them but I do tend to find it a bit difficult to find the right tightness. My latest shoes have had too much movement in the heal and have clearly suffered with the lining inside breaking off. Still, I'll stick with them, just like them too much now!
Nov 2015
9:55am, 5 Nov 2015
439 posts
  •  
jdarun
Thanks for the comments, sounds like they are generally liked though the jury is out on off-roading. As well as the risk of losing a shoe, I wonder about the foot slipping around a bit on rough terrain.

I actually used laces for the first time recently, having bought new shoes, and had them first too loose and then too tight! Not that it's a serious problem either way, but I do like the feel of elastics so far.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by jda
Hi all,

I'm wondering what views/experience people have with elastic laces. I first got some whe...