Edinburgh mini Fetchpoint 2013

17 watchers
May 2013
3:46pm, 27 May 2013
18 posts
  •  
johntz
It was brilliant running past you all. Good cheering. Nice to say hello to a couple of you after as well (I was running in the Sandhurst vest)
May 2013
3:51pm, 27 May 2013
30 posts
  •  
Yossarian
thanks for the cheers yesterday fetchpointers, it gave me a huge boost and was definitely the highlight of the route for me :)
May 2013
3:59pm, 27 May 2013
417 posts
  •  
old mum
Does anyone know how long it took the bloke in the suit of armour to finish? He must have been bloody roasting in that thing.
May 2013
5:04pm, 27 May 2013
94 posts
  •  
curlygirly
thanks for the big cheer yesterday! really lifted my spirits!
May 2013
7:14pm, 27 May 2013
3 posts
  •  
gojojo
A big thank you to the flash mob of fetchies in Musselburgh. I was so pleased to see you and it gave me quite a buzz.
May 2013
7:41pm, 27 May 2013
675 posts
  •  
JammyLu
Well done everyone that ran :) You all did great :) Glad to hear it gave you all a boost!

I remember when I did it too how much it helps to get the cheers! Unfortunately we did not have a water pistol this year to squirt at everyone but the loud horns made up for that!! Was great fun at Fetch point - would recommend it if you are not running :)
May 2013
7:12pm, 28 May 2013
2,117 posts
  •  
The Rentboy
That was my first time fetchpointing. Think i might give up this running lark and fetchpoint instead :)
May 2013
11:48pm, 29 May 2013
12,085 posts
  •  
McNewbie
JammyLu, did you not see me squirting water at the back-of-the-packers? It was on request, I was not harassing the runners,, no matter what some fetchpointers claim to have seen ;-)

Oi, Renters, stop nicking my idea!
May 2013
12:12pm, 30 May 2013
4,621 posts
  •  
Smout
All I saw was some poor wummin almost choking to death with water dripping down her face an chest and apparently unable to speak english...... she stumbled off in the general direction of the course before the sweepers arrived :-o ;)
May 2013
12:23pm, 30 May 2013
431 posts
  •  
old mum
I distinctly remember worrying about having to resuscitate a drowning marathon runner.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
As there seems to be a handful of us spectating now, McNewbie, SpicedApple, JammyLu, Old Mum and Duchess to name a few...

Fetchpoint at 8.2 miles -from 9.00am

Directions:
From city centre get 26 or 44 Lothian bus (takes 45 mins)
Get off at Brunton Hall in Musselburgh (2nd stop after entering Musselburgh and passing a Shell garage on left, Lidl on right)
Walk over to Links View and mini Fetchpoint will be there!!!
Look out for the balloons and the loons!!! :-p

Feel free to bring jelly babies etc :-)

Saturday - Pre race drink
3.00pm at Ryan's Bar, Shandwick Place (?), West End end of Princes Street :-)