Edinburgh Marathon

3 watchers
Oct 2015
11:24am, 12 Oct 2015
1,911 posts
  •  
icelandic trigirl
Does anyone know roughly when Edinburgh Marathon usually sells out? I'm reluctant to commit the cash too far ahead of time (but I've booked my hostel bed!) but I don't want to leave it too late and not get a place.
Oct 2015
12:09pm, 12 Oct 2015
309 posts
  •  
DaveG
Last year it didn't sell out - entries closed around late January (I think) and it was possible to register right up until the deadline. I know this as I only realised it was closing 30 minutes before it did so had to rush in an entry.
Oct 2015
2:44pm, 12 Oct 2015
126 posts
  •  
donran
I had a look on their Facebook page last year and noticed that it always seems to close just after the New Year.

4th January 2015
3rd January 2014
3rd January 2013
19th April 2012

They always give a countdown on their Facebook page.
Oct 2015
3:27pm, 12 Oct 2015
1,912 posts
  •  
icelandic trigirl
Thanks! I'll make my mind up before Christmas. I guess lots of people sign up in a fit of New Year enthusiasm :)
Oct 2015
7:07pm, 12 Oct 2015
9,145 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
the first year I ran, 2006, they had a ballot and I didnt get a place and had to join a club which then got me a place and having run it once I didnt need to enter a ballot again. Not sure when the ballot stopped, but donran is right, it hasnt beenselling outand also...depening on past times there are also GFA slots open until very late on

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Does anyone know roughly when Edinburgh Marathon usually sells out? I'm reluctant to commit the cas...