•  
Pip_G
The place is for the marathon btw
May 2019
2:02pm, 21 May 2019
1,569 posts
  •  
JRitchie
Got my number yesterday - Its getting real. Weather looks a bit dodgy (wet and breezy - not the best but fingers crossed this will change). Hope everyone is looking forward to the day.

Pip_G as a race organiser, your post about selling a place after the swap time did make me a little grumpy. You can get into problems doing that.
May 2019
2:16pm, 21 May 2019
31,452 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
You can't tell this far out JR - it could be fine weather. And you don't want it hot. Or windy ideally. Last year was perfect conditions, though the forecast said cold and rainy. :-) G
May 2019
2:58pm, 21 May 2019
1,570 posts
  •  
JRitchie
I watched some U-tube videos of last year. Looked very misty at the start and sunny towards the end. That would do nicely.
ITG
May 2019
4:52pm, 21 May 2019
7,263 posts
  •  
ITG
Don't wish for too much sunshine! The last 10k are totally exposed on asphalt in the middle of the day. I suffered the heat and dehydration quite badly in 2016 (which is my own fault because I was scared to stop to get water in case I couldn't get started again and because once I got dehydrated, I stopped thinking rationally. Doh!)
May 2019
12:34pm, 22 May 2019
79 posts
  •  
louloops
I've got sinusitis and a chesty cough that wont go away. This is not how I was hoping to be feeling before Sunday!! :(
May 2019
1:46pm, 22 May 2019
31,478 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I had 10 days of nasty chest cold for the 10 days before my marathon PB louloops. Just think of it as an extended rest period! Blitz yourself with every drug you can between now and Sunday. Get well soon.

ITG, quite right - Costa Del East Lothian can get scorchio. JRitchie, you're better off with drizzly rain and hope for no wind. Cos a strong prevailing westerly is a bugger of a headwind to have for last 8 miles!

Hope to see you guys on the course - I'm planning to be running up and down between miles 12-14 and 20 - 22 roughly. Have fun! :-) G
Mar 2020
12:44pm, 7 Mar 2020
514 posts
  •  
LovelyLovelyGorgeous
Bump - as it is only a few months away. I'm currently sitting on the injury bench and worrying.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Well now the VLM is finished I feel the pressure is now on for the Edinburgh. This is my first mara...