Edinburgh Marathon 2012

53 watchers
May 2012
4:01pm, 29 May 2012
393 posts
  •  
Supernormal
Just watched my videos. Is that really what I look like when Im running?! Was really weird to watch them. I was trying to sprint at the finish but it certainly doesn't look like it ha ha.
May 2012
5:02pm, 29 May 2012
3 posts
  •  
hamacting
Loving reading all the reports, and glad to see I'm not the only one who failed at 18 miles.

I've almost gotten up the courage to admit to my wife that I want to do Loch Ness... och well, she'll get a weekend away out of it. She won't hit me TOO hard, will she?
May 2012
6:50pm, 29 May 2012
2,549 posts
  •  
daviec
Interesting pricing policy from marathon photos. 1 digital photo for £17.99 or I can have all 21 for £24.99.

My finishing vid is quite good as well unfortunately. Another £9.90 :)
May 2012
9:18pm, 29 May 2012
92 posts
  •  
princesszee
I got to do the last leg of the relay and loved every minute. That finish was just awesome, almost tempted me to sign up for the marathon next year. Almost, but not quite! I really felt for all the people who completed the full marathon, well done to everyone, even more so in that heat! I have to say I was mega dissapointed with the goody bag at the end though :(
May 2012
9:34pm, 29 May 2012
1,665 posts
  •  
Metal Martin
Been out for a 3 miler tonight. It still hurts - but I'm happy - it was two weeks before I dared go out again after the last time.
May 2012
9:37pm, 29 May 2012
3,239 posts
  •  
Joe Hawk
McNewbie - put it in the gallery , can't upload any of mine to fetch they are all too large :-(
May 2012
9:40pm, 29 May 2012
1,666 posts
  •  
Metal Martin
I would also like to say, I look a bit "special" on some of my photos:

marathon-photos.com
May 2012
9:50pm, 29 May 2012
26 posts
  •  
Weean
I've only just discovered that you can get your splits from the "My details" section of the emf website. I was pacing myself really well for the first half, but my watch died at about mile 11, & I speeded up loads in the third quarter before blowing up horribly about half-way through the grounds at Gosford House.

That's it, Santa's getting me a Garmin this year!
May 2012
10:19pm, 29 May 2012
348 posts
  •  
jacs205
I did a tiny run on the treadmill tonight before going to body combat and it was hard work! Not so much the legs as the two loose toenails giving me hell, I'm booked in for a pedicure tomorrow but I'm going to have to change that so the poor beautician doesn't die off when bits of my feet fall off as she works on them. Looked at the pics but think they are just too expensive I'm afraid, maybe when they start putting soft focus on...
May 2012
10:25pm, 29 May 2012
48 posts
  •  
GWil
What a fantastic inspirational running experience I had on Sunday and I never ran a step. I was marshalling at Longniddry golf course, just after you all left and just before you returned past Seton Sands caravan park. Loved giving you all a bit of encouragement, when I wasn't working or mucking around on the radio, and tried to give a little extra shout to those identified as Fetchies. Well done everyone in very testing conditions.

About This Thread

Maintained by Metal Martin
Just wondered if anyone else was doing Edinburgh Marathon next year? My second time (did it in 2008.

***PRE RACE MEAL DETAILS***

Saturday 26th May - 6pm - Vittoria's, George IV Bridge - Table booked under the name of Fetch

Organiser/Person to bother with questions/(Almost) Birthday Girl: McNewbie

Upstairs in "The Wash Bar" 11 - 13 North Bank Street, The Mound, Edinburgh. Room available from 15.00 'til close, so arrive whenever you are ready.

Ideally located for Waverley Railway Station, and for the tourists (me!) Edinburgh Castle! Come and take the weight off your feet, meet new and old Fetchies, get something to eat and rehydrate.

Everyone welcome.

Enquiries to SpeedyMel