•  
Loz
Just entered:)
Apr 2013
7:59pm, 28 Apr 2013
39 posts
  •  
RogLS128
I'm afraid this is the usual request from a race director.

We've been let done by a group who should have been running one of the aid stations. Therefore if anyone is free on Saturday 11th May and would like a day out in Sherwood Forest giving out water, coke, flapjack and jelly babies to tired runners please get in touch either through the website, by Facebook or on here.

We would be grateful for any help and will supply a packed lunch and event t-shirt. You just need to bring a healthy dose of enthusiasm

Cheers

Roger and Maria
Apr 2013
8:06pm, 28 Apr 2013
15,912 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
I just entered, otherwise I would have helped out.

Have a bump though!
Apr 2013
9:25am, 29 Apr 2013
40 posts
  •  
RogLS128
Hi John

Saw your entry last night. Pushing on for 100 entries now with just under 2 weeks to go.
Apr 2013
10:23am, 29 Apr 2013
15,915 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
:)
I didn't start last year, so I feel I need to do it.
May 2013
11:04am, 5 May 2013
42 posts
  •  
RogLS128
Hi everyone

This is Roger from the Dukeries Ultra. We are in the final stages of getting everything organised and have been let down by two groups who where supposed to be manning aid stations for us.

As I'm sure you all appreciate, the volunteers on aid stations are probably the most important people at a race. Due to the people who have let us down, we are now not going to be able to give timing splits as we feel looking after the runners is more important.

One aid station currently remains uncovered. This would be the A614 near the Clumber Park Hotel. We need 2 or 3 volunteers to be there between 11:45 and 16:30 next Saturday afternoon. You would get the usual packed lunch, t-shirt and a free entry to next years race all for being out in Sherwood Forest passing water and Jelly Babies to tired runners.

If you can help please get in touch either on here or email info@dukeriesevents.co.uk

Thanks

Roger & Maria
May 2013
6:48am, 8 May 2013
43 posts
  •  
RogLS128
42 emails to 30 mile runners and 69 emails to 40 mile runners all sent out

If you haven't received anything, please check your spam filter first then contact us on info@dukeriesevents.co.uk. Thanks
May 2013
5:36pm, 11 May 2013
16,114 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Great race Rog. Didn't see you to say so at the end as you off directing the race, but I very much enjoyed today.
May 2013
11:30am, 13 May 2013
56 posts
  •  
33 penguins
Really enjoyed it, it's a great route. The arrows were really helpful, didn't misplace myself once. I was also happy that it wasn't quite as hot as last time!!
May 2013
7:18pm, 13 May 2013
44 posts
  •  
RogLS128
Thanks for the comments both of you. Looking at yours times you both had really good days.

I think the route flowed much better this year without having that long stretch going out that had to be run in reverse back to the finish.

From the positive feedback we've been getting I guess we had better start thinking about next year....

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by RogS128
As our race seems to have attracted some positive attention in the ultramarathon thread I thought it...