Draughting - today in a race

3 watchers
Jan 2012
3:49pm, 24 Jan 2012
46,059 posts
  •  
Gobi
Mark - you can gain a huge advantage running behind someone into a strong wind.

Alf - I know what you are saying and agree
Jan 2012
3:51pm, 24 Jan 2012
4,865 posts
  •  
mulbs
I pity the snail who would be slow enough to draught me, mind you I could offer plenty of wind resistance up to the 5'3" height ;-)
Jan 2012
5:19pm, 24 Jan 2012
9,549 posts
  •  
Jock Itch
5min.com

Amazing video here :)
Jan 2012
5:52pm, 24 Jan 2012
1,816 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
I've seen this, Berkeley 10k last summer, a course with 2 laps, there was a really tall guy bending into the wind and he had a string of shortarses behind him on the way out into the wind, well annoying for him
Jan 2012
7:48am, 25 Jan 2012
6,475 posts
  •  
(schnell)Schnecke
I get very nervous when anyone gets too close behind me - it does seem to happen to me quite a lot in races. I always feel like warning them that it's a bad idea because with my peculiar 'girl's' running gait they are liable to either get tripped up or to trip me up :-O I hate anyone running too close - it makes me speed up to get away from them!!

Interesting video, Jock - I've never thought about that, but will definitely be trying that in my next race ;-)
Jan 2012
8:51am, 25 Jan 2012
426 posts
  •  
Lovely Lovely Gorgeous
Hum - Re Mrs W -" the grunting and irritating breathing noises". I tried to keep up with a girl in a race that was making all those noises. Sounded like she was "enjoying herself" way too much. As usual, I couldn't keep up. [ Blushes and wanders off back to the psych. ward ]

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Da Big Guy
Any racers today?
Any good draughting?
Does it really make any difference and does anyone have any...