download training log to excel

4 watchers
Jun 2023
11:00am, 7 Jun 2023
1,008 posts
  •  
wrexhamrob
Help please

i am wanting to download my training log in order to collect my marathon dates and times for consideration for associate membership of 100 marathon club.

I have managed to find download to a .csv file in settings

But now stuck, in converting the data from all one column in the csv file to separate columns for xl.
i used to work on similar yrs ago but not for year - id be very grateful if someone could advise remind me how to do this

many thanks
Jun 2023
11:03am, 7 Jun 2023
43,733 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
data tab
text to columns
comma separated

should do it
Jun 2023
11:03am, 7 Jun 2023
1,357 posts
  •  
Sam Jelfs
open in excel, select first column, then on the data tab use the text to columns feature, and make sure it is set to "tab delimited".
Jun 2023
11:06am, 7 Jun 2023
46,858 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
CSV comes into Excel by default in correct columns, unless you've changed something.

Above by EP and SJ will work, but shouldn't be needed.

Unless you are talking about one of the columns that needs splitting out. Then you'll need to do the extra step. The "separator" or "delimiter" will need to be whatever in that big column makes sense e.g. space ? :-) G
Jun 2023
4:39pm, 7 Jun 2023
1,009 posts
  •  
wrexhamrob
thanks folks , ah yes 'text to columns' has worked, initially i had whole highlighted not just column A, once i highlighted only column A, success. Thanks
Jun 2023
5:59pm, 7 Jun 2023
2,764 posts
  •  
Bowman 🇸🇪
And you can open an empty excel file “import data” and choose the csv file then power query will do it and show you how it will be. A lot of ways to skin a cat. :)
DTB
21 Jan
11:49am, 21 Jan 2024
First-time poster!!
  •  
DTB
Hi everyone, I can't find where the 'download to Excel' button has gone. I've used it before and find it useful to do analysis in Excel. Can anyone point me to where it has gone please? Thanks for your help, DB
21 Jan
12:30pm, 21 Jan 2024
50,975 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Go to your log
Then settings

At bottom

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by wrexhamrob
Help please

i am wanting to download my training log in order to collect my marathon dates and times for consideration for associate membership of 100 marathon club.

I have managed to find download to a .csv file in settings

But now stuck, in converting the data from all one column in the csv file to separate columns for xl.
i used to work on similar yrs ago but not for year - id be very grateful if someone could advise remind me how to do this

many thanks