BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
10:09pm, 19 Aug 2013
Curly45There are certain benefits of back to back hard days (including super-compensation), so provided you can take the load (i.e. experienced runners only), I dont see why not.
I do up to three doubles a week, two of which are easy runs 4-6 hours before a session, the third is an easy-easy day. I could envisage a time when one or two of those were tempos before an interval session, but I'd need to be doing a lot more mileage than now or I would break my very important rule about quality work being less than a quarter or my total mileage (I tend to break if I do more).
I like the idea of substituting a long run once a month for two sessions though - great marathon training! It's about maxmising the work you can do with a limited number of days in the week.
10:11pm, 19 Aug 2013
Curly45Drat that should say "quarter of my total mileage"
Off to bed as I'll be getting up early for an easy run before tomorrow night's club session
About This Thread
Maintained by Ninky Nonk
- Fantasy Football
- Midsummer Night 10,000m Classic in Leeds
- Can I have a pink gin please?
- Portsmouth Costal half marathon 13 Feb 2022 50% off if you sign up today before midnight
- Posh Totty
- Social networking for fundraising
- This week I have mostly been...
- all about apple watch and looking for people to do sharing competitions with
- Adidas - 30% off until 27/9
- Free night in PI in Dover for 4 August