Doubles

1 watcher
Aug 2013
10:09pm, 19 Aug 2013
1,988 posts
  •  
Curly45
There are certain benefits of back to back hard days (including super-compensation), so provided you can take the load (i.e. experienced runners only), I dont see why not.

I do up to three doubles a week, two of which are easy runs 4-6 hours before a session, the third is an easy-easy day. I could envisage a time when one or two of those were tempos before an interval session, but I'd need to be doing a lot more mileage than now or I would break my very important rule about quality work being less than a quarter or my total mileage (I tend to break if I do more).

I like the idea of substituting a long run once a month for two sessions though - great marathon training! It's about maxmising the work you can do with a limited number of days in the week.
Aug 2013
10:11pm, 19 Aug 2013
1,989 posts
  •  
Curly45
Drat that should say "quarter of my total mileage"

Off to bed as I'll be getting up early for an easy run before tomorrow night's club session :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ninky Nonk
http://m.runnersworld.com/running-tips/run-your-best-doubles?cm_mmc=Twitter-_-RunnersWorld-_-Content...