•  
emmie
I'll get on it right away! Thanks!
Apr 2013
5:53pm, 25 Apr 2013
1,764 posts
  •  
Curly45
My tactic is to keep moving around as much as possible both the day and the day after, including a very small run (yes I did run for 20 mins the day after my recent mara :-O)

The good news is, the second time around it shouldnt be as bad because your muscles should be more used to the stimulus. DOMS is good - its adaptation waiting to happen when recovery is finished!
Apr 2013
6:22pm, 25 Apr 2013
2,393 posts
  •  
emmie
Thanks for the advice Curly. I'll go for a walk later and see if I can face a short run in the morning (although I think you're crazy!). That's good news though, hopefully it'll be better this time round!
Apr 2013
6:22am, 26 Apr 2013
2,394 posts
  •  
emmie
Well, for anyone who's curious, my legs feel pretty much okay this morning. I haven't gone down any stairs yet, but last time even sitting down was very painful. My quads are a little stiff and tired, but that's it. Hurrah! Was it the cold shower? the stretching? Or just the fact that I've already done that hill recently?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by emmie
Two weeks ago I did a big hill run and hill walk in the same day and had terrible DOMS for 3 days. O...