DOMS - do you get DOMS?

7 watchers
Jul 2019
8:28am, 15 Jul 2019
13,016 posts
  •  
Homer
Today ..... I DON'T :-):-) (was expecting to so very happily surprised)

51 miles on the bike is awesome. I couldn't do it!
Jul 2019
8:31am, 15 Jul 2019
32,063 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Nice one Sarah - decent mileage. And it's all about how hard the climbs are on the bike, I think. But I don't bike any more so what do I know?!

Yes, mine mostly gone now. Took a full week though. And 2 x foam roller and stretch sessions, and 2 x easy runs. Back to a normal running week this week, hopefully.

What caused you to not have DOMS Homer, do tell! :-) G
Jul 2019
8:37am, 15 Jul 2019
13,017 posts
  •  
Homer
If I knew G, then I would bottle it

I did ice my calves after the run, drank lots of fluid and spend 3 hours on the sofa watching sport...maybe that is the key?
Jul 2019
8:43am, 15 Jul 2019
32,067 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I do wonder if de-hydration exacerbates the muscle soreness? Interesting. Was a very muggy one a week ago and only cups for water. And though I drink water for Scotland, I was and can be dehydrated on a hot day for quite a while after. Hmmm.

Ice, yes. Sitting on the sofa, probably less so! Nice though. :-) G
Jul 2019
8:46am, 15 Jul 2019
13,020 posts
  •  
Homer
Yeh, I do think that ice and water helps a lot. I don't often ice but my achilles was a teeny bit niggly so I thought it would be worthwhile and it certainly can't hurt.

It was a muggy day and I am fairly sure that hydration level makes a big difference.
Jul 2019
11:36am, 16 Jul 2019
32,078 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
All gone now. So the answer was "1 week" for me. I can do speed work again this week, without fear of doing myself an injury (I hope!) :-) G
Jul 2019
12:14pm, 16 Jul 2019
13,039 posts
  •  
Homer
:-)
Oct 2022
8:04pm, 17 Oct 2022
26,061 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I'm expecting DOMS after today's work. There's always a bit of lifting, but today I was mainly rebuilding pallets of booze into display units to Each one involved (as a team of two) moving 88 6x1 litre bottle cases (weight approx 10kg each) from the pallet to the unit. One lifted, the other rebuilt. We swapped around throughout. We also manually moved, using a pump truck, the finished units (weight approx 900kg) for collection by a fork truck, and sometimes also brought the pallets in manually.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by alpenrose
DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Let's share our pain and maybe have a laugh about it. :) ...