Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

DOMS - do you get DOMS?

7 watchers
Jul 2019
8:28am, 15 Jul 2019
13016 posts
Homer
Today ..... I DON'T :-):-) (was expecting to so very happily surprised)

51 miles on the bike is awesome. I couldn't do it!
Jul 2019
8:31am, 15 Jul 2019
32063 posts
HappyG(rrr)
Nice one Sarah - decent mileage. And it's all about how hard the climbs are on the bike, I think. But I don't bike any more so what do I know?!

Yes, mine mostly gone now. Took a full week though. And 2 x foam roller and stretch sessions, and 2 x easy runs. Back to a normal running week this week, hopefully.

What caused you to not have DOMS Homer, do tell! :-) G
Jul 2019
8:37am, 15 Jul 2019
13017 posts
Homer
If I knew G, then I would bottle it

I did ice my calves after the run, drank lots of fluid and spend 3 hours on the sofa watching sport...maybe that is the key?
Jul 2019
8:43am, 15 Jul 2019
32067 posts
HappyG(rrr)
I do wonder if de-hydration exacerbates the muscle soreness? Interesting. Was a very muggy one a week ago and only cups for water. And though I drink water for Scotland, I was and can be dehydrated on a hot day for quite a while after. Hmmm.

Ice, yes. Sitting on the sofa, probably less so! Nice though. :-) G
Jul 2019
8:46am, 15 Jul 2019
13020 posts
Homer
Yeh, I do think that ice and water helps a lot. I don't often ice but my achilles was a teeny bit niggly so I thought it would be worthwhile and it certainly can't hurt.

It was a muggy day and I am fairly sure that hydration level makes a big difference.
Jul 2019
11:36am, 16 Jul 2019
32078 posts
HappyG(rrr)
All gone now. So the answer was "1 week" for me. I can do speed work again this week, without fear of doing myself an injury (I hope!) :-) G
Jul 2019
12:14pm, 16 Jul 2019
13039 posts
Homer
:-)

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by elfinrose
DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Let's share our pain and maybe have a laugh about it. :) ...