BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Doctor, Dentist or Pharmacist?

2 watchers
16 Feb
12:35pm, 16 Feb 2021
18968 posts
Bazoaxe
I have a bit of a problem I am going to need to investigate

About a week ago I had a bit of a pain in my jaw when I yawned. My jaw often clicks when I yawn and it felt like it needed to but didnt click. When I saw pain, it was mildly irritating at worst. It has however got a wee bit worse, but is still nothing more than an annoyance.

It doenst feel like its my teeth though. And this may be co-incidental but about a week before I awoke with a blocked ear on the side I had been sleeping. I tried to gently clean it out with a cotton wool bud (I know I know) and then rinse it in the shower and after 2 or 3 days its seemed to sort itself out.

I am wondering if I have a bit of an infection going and, but not sure who I should consult on this. It seems a small issue and dont want to waste people time !
16 Feb
12:44pm, 16 Feb 2021
6354 posts
minardi
I think I'd start with the pharmacist just because they're the easiest to see at the mo and they should be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck
16 Feb
12:46pm, 16 Feb 2021
15407 posts
RichHL
My dentist always checks how my jaw is articulating so that would be my next call after the pharmacist.
16 Feb
5:20pm, 16 Feb 2021
4286 posts
Little Miss Happy
Don’t put water in your ear if you think it’s blocked - olive oil drops will soften any wax and make it more likely to clear. Jaw could be TMJ - temporomandibular disorder. You can find exercises for it online.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Bazoaxe
I have a bit of a problem I am going to need to investigate

About a week ago I had a bit of a pai...