Do you regularly use more than one pair of running shoes?

7 watchers
Feb 2012
3:46pm, 25 Feb 2012
6,152 posts
  •  
Stander
I generally only have one pair if trail shoes and one set of road shies at any given time. Will have two pairs if I am in process of retiring an old pair.
Feb 2012
4:53pm, 25 Feb 2012
1,145 posts
  •  
Bru-Bru
I have trail canoes and cross country spikes and an old pair of road shoes I can't bear to throw away and a new pair that is slightly too small and a new pair that is half a size bigger. In fact I have a ridiculous number of pairs of shoes but Iam sure it helps avoid stress injuries to keep swapping them around.
Feb 2012
4:57pm, 25 Feb 2012
99 posts
  •  
cackleberry
I have a pair of trail shoes, my New Balance for road running and some Asics Gel thingys my OH got me for my birthday.
Can't quite decide if I like the Asics ones, so they may get used for short runs and gym stuff. They were supposed to replace the road shoes...
I race in whichever pair is appropriate.
Feb 2012
5:11pm, 25 Feb 2012
1,147 posts
  •  
Bru-Bru
Sorry trail shoes not trail canoes. I do have two canoes but that's a whole different story
Feb 2012
5:14pm, 25 Feb 2012
1,400 posts
  •  
Garfield
5 x road shoes, 2 trail shoes, 2 x minimal shoes...and a few in reserve waiting for the others to age...and be replaced.
Feb 2012
5:19pm, 25 Feb 2012
474 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
One pair of fell shoes (usually Inov-8 Mudclaw or Walsh PBs) and usually one pair of trail shoes (Inov-8 Roclite 285 or currently NB 101)
Feb 2012
5:23pm, 25 Feb 2012
2,985 posts
  •  
CC2 Speedy Goth
I pretty much have a different pair for every type of run.

Long run - Black Adrenaline 11s
MLR - Purple Adrenaline 11s
Intervals - Orange Ravenna 1s
Tempo/MP - Orange Ravenna 2s
Easy runs - Turquoise Ravenna 1s
Really short recovery runs - Blue Adrenaline 11s (near the end of their life)
Off road - Adrenaline ASRs
Soft ground off road - Kanadias
XC - Puma Karaka spikes
XC on hard/frozen ground - Puma 5000 studs
Track - Mach 8 spikes

Also have about 10 ex pairs of running shoes kicking about the house (must get rid of some) plus a brand new pair of yellow Ravenna 2s waiting to break out of the box.

I'm a girl, what can I say?!
Feb 2012
10:25am, 27 Feb 2012
84 posts
  •  
Muddie
I remember my first pair of running shoes *sigh*
Asic gel somethingorother for £35 from JJB sports. Bought the cheapest Asics that fit because someone told me they were a good brand. I only went running with them to shut them up and the promise of food afterward ..... I was very surprised to find that I quite enjoyed it [the running as well as the food].
Feb 2012
3:44pm, 27 Feb 2012
367 posts
  •  
Lexo
Right first off Im going to state i have a trainer collection to die for...I have boxes stacked skyward to my ceiling and have great difficullty therowing stuff away...
i usually have two pairs for main areas and some speciality shoes. to be fair i do use a lot of the shoes i own

distance work: Newton Distance S Trainers... *2 pairs
general running: Asiscs 1150 *1 pair
Fell running/hills and XC: X-talon 212s *3 pairs
Speed work ; newton MV2s (just bought these babies)*1 pair
trail work: Sacounry Peregrins*1 pair

Just gave away three other pairs i wasnt using.....my mate at work loves me as he gets all my old castoffs!!!
Also have for no apparant reason other than they are smart ...two pairs of Sacouney fastwich 3s (onange ones)
Feb 2012
3:53pm, 27 Feb 2012
668 posts
  •  
Mark J
I have four pairs on the go currently. Always get fitted for new shoes when I buy if going for a different brand or model to usual or if model updated a la Pegasus.

2 x Nike Pegasus, use most of all. They're a stiff shoe and having had numerous other types, these are the only shoes that don't give me any blisters over distance running. I rotate between them on long runs to give them a chance to recover shape etc. Don't know if that's relevant or not but I like to.
1 x Addistar Ride 3's. Quite a nice shoe but don't run more than 6 milers in them.
1 x Saucony Grid's. A wider shoe, very cushioned but only use for very short runs as they give me an instep rub, although they are comfortable.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
I'm asking lots of questions lately.

I purchased some Brooks Vapour 9's back in November. They ...