Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Do you regularly use more than one pair of running shoes?

5 watchers
Apr 2017
1:29pm, 27 Apr 2017
11 posts
Nick Moore
Currently have 10 pairs of actively used running shoes (6 road shoes, 3 trail shoes and 1 pair XC spikes)
5 Feb
11:02am, 5 Feb 2020
18871 posts
Dvorak
Still yes,. Six pairs of shoes (all different models) have had running miles logged this year. There are another four to six (all different again) pairs might make the list. Another two would if I could patch the uppers together.
5 Feb
11:06am, 5 Feb 2020
25442 posts
Wriggling Snake
This is interesting, because historically yes, I would have 4 or 5 pairs on the go, recently, admittedly with much reduced running, no, just one pair. That pair needs replacing.
5 Feb
11:11am, 5 Feb 2020
34087 posts
HappyG(rrr)
Gosh, that's an old thread!

Yes, I have 5 or 6 on the go at least. And that's by choice. I think it's helpful to reduce risk of injury to mix up all aspects of running / training - distance, pace, terrain, and kit is part of that for me.

Apart from of course some are terrain specific - 2 road, 1 light trail, 1 proper fell, XC spikes, race flats etc. :-) G
5 Feb
11:29am, 5 Feb 2020
18939 posts
flanker
7 pairs of fell shoes in use, along with a couple of pairs of trail shoes.
PK
5 Feb
11:32am, 5 Feb 2020
176 posts
PK
I used to have one. Only since I've started marathon training have I used multiple shoes. I have three on the go now, and will probably introduce a fourth (to be used on the day) in advance of the event.

If I do do some trail stuff later in the year, which is potentially on the cards, then that'll be another pair I would imagine.
5 Feb
12:06pm, 5 Feb 2020
953 posts
Roberto
I have always had one pair of flats and used them for training and racing. This is the first real consistent training I've done and have 3 pairs rotating for training, 1 pair for racing, 1 pair of trails, 1 xc spikes and 1 track spikes.

So 7 pairs in use currently.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
I'm asking lots of questions lately.

I purchased some Brooks Vapour 9's back in November. They ...