BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Do you duo? LINGO that is.

1 lurker | 48 watchers
JCB
24 Jul
2:24pm, 24 Jul 2021
2486 posts
JCB
There’s a new mode of learning I’ve noticed recently: headphones. Great for when on a run like I was today. Mostly listening, but it also requests verbal responses. This may be limited to Spanish (haven’t seen it in Japanese or German). The accuracy of my responses wasn’t great at times, though it didn’t care. It’s quite positive!
26 Jul
10:16pm, 26 Jul 2021
181 posts
Raggedy runner
[What’s the headphones method? I often use my headphones as the family get annoyed by the pings, and the logo then has a headphone symbol, but the lessons are still the same. I’ve started listening to the Duolingo Spanish podcasts and so far, enjoying them. The Spanish speakers are slow so you think you’ve made great progress in the language as they’re easy to follow - until you watch Community on Netflix where a son has changed the settings to Spanish and you realise you’re still useless at understanding it!]
26 Jul
10:23pm, 26 Jul 2021
16742 posts
RichHL
[Using the headphone track means not being able to read what they're saying on screen too. It's useful but not as useful as heading off into the countryside and just getting on with it.]
JCB
27 Jul
3:25pm, 27 Jul 2021
2492 posts
JCB
Track is a better description. Here is a screenshot:

I find the podcast too fast for me. I do normally wear headphones for the regular lessons. If I have it loud enough for me to hear it then everyone in the house can hear it!
28 Jul
8:48am, 28 Jul 2021
2569 posts
panad
He’s ashamed of his swimsuit.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
It's taking over the New Things thread ... everybody's duolingoing it.

Thought it better have a...