Do I have plantar fasciiiiitis...

1 watcher
Jul 2015
9:06am, 2 Jul 2015
724 posts
  •  
DiscoSteve
..and if so what should I do about it?

As it's eminently more sensible to ask strangers on an interweb chat-forum than my own GP or a physio, any advice guys?

Have a sharp pain at the back and bottom of my heel when I'm walking - it's worse when I first get up in the morning then seems to dissipate, returning occasionally. It's been fine when I'm running apart from last night when I had some occasional shooting pain up my achilles. After I finish my runs and get up after resting it has returned.

Am I ok to carry on running or is it going to make things worse? Any tips on treatment?

Thank you.
Jul 2015
9:15am, 2 Jul 2015
721 posts
  •  
mick173
DS there is a long running thread on plantar that maybe worth a read as well as plenty of info on the web.

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=39460

It does sound like PF and when I had it I couldn't run and it's something that can take a while to clear up. Hope yours clears up quickly
Jul 2015
9:30am, 2 Jul 2015
727 posts
  •  
DiscoSteve
Thanks Mick
Jul 2015
2:54pm, 2 Jul 2015
1,728 posts
  •  
sLickster
If you have a golf ball try rolling that under your foot for a few minutes, several times a day - it'll be painful mind you!
Jul 2015
4:41pm, 2 Jul 2015
728 posts
  •  
DiscoSteve
Cheers sLickster - probably a silly question, but do roll it under front of foot, under arch or under heel??
.B.
Jul 2015
8:12pm, 2 Jul 2015
17,515 posts
  •  
.B.
I get issues with my feet, though not PF and have been advised to use a golf ball. Move it under foot until you find a bit that is sore and then press down for about 10 seconds and then move ball to find another sore bit and do the same. Find afew points in one foot and then do the other one. It is good for releasing things off. Usually my sore points are around the arch.
Jul 2015
8:18pm, 2 Jul 2015
10,436 posts
  •  
jude
Could be more achillies that far back, I would get a proper opinion before you start trying to stretch in case you damage a weak spot or rupture. Ice, rest etc
Jul 2015
8:39pm, 2 Jul 2015
17,907 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Could be, and stretching made mine worse, so be cautious.
The thread is useful, but the message I took from it is that the solution is different for everybody, so you really have to feel your own way through it.
Jul 2015
11:25pm, 2 Jul 2015
10,432 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Hmm - my pf was more right along the centre middle of the foot. So what Jude says. I kept running because it was actually fine whilst running, worst first thing. Over time, it just dissipated.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by DiscoSteve
..and if so what should I do about it?

As it's eminently more sensible to ask strangers on an in...