Disgusting people at the gym

129 watchers
Feb 2019
11:38pm, 8 Feb 2019
20,879 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I've never worn knickers under my lycra training gear. I don't think any of the other women in my running club do either. I'm not sure I ever want to after reading NE's post.
Feb 2019
11:14am, 9 Feb 2019
4,935 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
I think this would be true of most people RS, I don't normally wear anything under lycra shorts either. However, I think most runners who go onto the fells/mountains at this time of year wear some kind of pants under their clothing, extra insulation is the obvious benefit but good technical pants will also wick away sweat and keep you functioning at a much better level, particularly when there is a high wind chill factor. Of course, this can go terribly wrong if you use normal cotton pants, as once damp they are a very effective heat sink - and of course the chafage is legendary!

I wear Paramo cambia pants under running shorts/tights when it's cold and I just can't recommend them enough, expensive but worth every penny. My wife Bobs is a fan of Runderwear, they are [she says] dead comfy and never chafe, they do thong and big pants versions too. She wore them on last year's Lakeland 100 with zero problems.

The example I gave earlier on was when I did the UTMB in 2014, I was wearing Helly Hanson pants under some lycra shorts and it rained for the first 12 hours or so, they rubbed terribly even though I had myofix stuck on all possible abrading point. They cut a neat line under the myofix and after 105 miles and about 40 hours it really did look like a surgical incision. I still have the scar from that, over four years later :-(

I think I've digressed enough. Have a good pants day :-)
Feb 2019
11:49am, 9 Feb 2019
52,970 posts
  •  
swittle
High quality evidence based 'lower base layer' advice, NE :)
Feb 2019
2:08pm, 9 Feb 2019
20,880 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
V educational. Thanks NE (and Bobs). I didn't visualise your sore groin area at any point. 😀
Feb 2019
11:48am, 11 Feb 2019
18,126 posts
  •  
flanker
NE - lycra and overshorts a better option on cold days?

I always used to use Cambias for trekking but now prefer Bamboo. We seem a bit OT :)
Jun 2019
12:36am, 11 Jun 2019
18,090 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
1) People using the sauna as a drying room for their swimwear and towels.

2) People using the sauna (it has a glass door) as a changing room.

3) People not using a towel in the sauna so their sweat drips onto the benches/floor.

All of them at least middle-aged and very likely from a 'nice' part of Surrey.
Jun 2019
7:03pm, 14 Jun 2019
14,784 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I went to the drying room to collect my gear at the end of work today and some fecker has taken my towel
jda
Jun 2019
7:21pm, 14 Jun 2019
4,643 posts
  •  
jda
Leave a note explaining that you have a communicable disease and advising them to boil wash it before use.
Jun 2019
7:23pm, 14 Jun 2019
12,797 posts
  •  
Rosehip
*like* ^^
Jun 2019
7:27pm, 14 Jun 2019
1,372 posts
  •  
Heinzster
Suggest Fourniers gangrene as a good place to start. Don't Google it, but hope that they do.

About This Thread

Maintained by McGoohan
This seems plain wrong:

Just back from the gym where one guy was extending the definition of 'ha...