Diaphragm/rib

1 watcher
Mar 2012
11:36am, 7 Mar 2012
9,629 posts
  •  
Ultracat
Hi

I have what I would consider mild discomfort in the diaphragm/rib area, a bit like DOMs. Been doing shredding and some weight training with PT. a few years ago I found out I had a hiatus hernia but rarely have any symptoms. I see that weight training is not good for hiatus hernias. I had no problem running this.

Will I rest from weight training and shredding and see if it's that, or any helpful suggestions. I don't want my running to suffer.
Mar 2012
11:46am, 7 Mar 2012
39,945 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
More likely you have pulled a muscle and nowt to do with your hiatus hernia
Mar 2012
11:47am, 7 Mar 2012
39,946 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
so, yes, rest form the shredding for a bit
Mar 2012
11:49am, 7 Mar 2012
234 posts
  •  
Curly45
Ice is good. You can alternate it with those heat patches too.

Painkillers.

Try not to over stretch but some gentle massage of the area is also good if its not too painful.

(from someone recovering from a fractured rib which is a similar care pattern only longer and stronger - hope it gets better soon and if it starts to hurt to breathe deeply then get it checked out at the docs!)
Mar 2012
12:49pm, 7 Mar 2012
9,630 posts
  •  
Ultracat
Thanks, it does hurt a bit when I cough.

Will rest from shredding.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ultracat
Hi

I have what I would consider mild discomfort in the diaphragm/rib area, a bit like DOMs. Been...