Devil o' the Highlands

45 watchers
May 2022
8:26am, 26 May 2022
42,407 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I def read and commented on your blog, but maybe not til after your comment here mrs s!

Andy - good luck with the zero training / still a bit injured do an ultra approach. You do rather have form with this approach though! :-P At least you can't get lost on the route, as you've done it about a gazillion times!

Looking forward to supporting on WHW in 3 weeks time. I get to do the Lairig Mor leg at night, so I'll pretend I'm finishing the Devil! :-) G
May 2022
11:11am, 27 May 2022
129 posts
  •  
at the end of the day
done the DOTH in the first year of the event in 2003, and 3 times since, fancied doing it this year but can,t get overnight accommodation for less than 100 quid beforehand, so ive binned the idea, ( so far, lol )..
May 2022
11:31am, 27 May 2022
1,918 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Accommodation everywhere is expensive just now.
4 Feb
9:09pm, 4 Feb 2024
6,053 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Entries open on SiEntries for 10th August :-)
4 Feb
10:49pm, 4 Feb 2024
1,757 posts
  •  
Shortcut Cam
Logistics for this are not straight forward
5 Feb
7:00am, 5 Feb 2024
6,054 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Yeah, last year I was lucky that a mate was running and his dad did support, ie dropped us off at Tyndrum, then he drove to FW.
The year before I parked at the Ben Lui carpark (about 1.5 miles south of Tyndrum) and cycled up the cycle path to Tyndrum, and chained my bike to the fence in the Green Welly. Got the bus back to Tyndrum after the race, then bike back to car.
Luckily it was dry, but wouldn't have been ideal if it was pissing down before and/or after.
5 Feb
9:12am, 5 Feb 2024
4,275 posts
  •  
jacdaw
I've stayed at Fort William and got the early (event) bus to the start a couple of times, and stayed at Tyndrum and got the (event) bus back from the end. Both worked OK. More accommodation in Fort Bill, but a longer drive up there and a very early start.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
What are other folk doing about the back-up requirements?
You must have a back-up vehicle (car, 4x4 if you have one (not required though!!)...
Who fancies a fantastic day out in the beautiful North West of Scotland on the legendary West Highland Way, supporting the lovely Sophster? Team of 2 would be best: a driver/sandwich maker and a runner/Muller rice opener. Eternal gratitude, fetchie fame and gold and jewels will be yours. (*)

It's Sat 7 August. Come on Fetchland.

* I may have lied about the gold and jewels