depression

241 watchers
Apr 2022
5:10pm, 9 Apr 2022
60,777 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Yeah feeling sick and headache is definitely me. Try and let it settle in for a few days .
Apr 2022
6:01pm, 9 Apr 2022
5,718 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
LG - side effects can take two to four weeks to settle so if you can persevere it's worth doing so but if the side effects are too bad please go back to your GP and tell them.
Apr 2022
6:53pm, 9 Apr 2022
39,032 posts
  •  
Purps
I couldn't take citalopram at all, gave me a monster migraine, bl00dy awful. Apparently it's a hard one to get on to, but can be amazing if you manage to. Regarding the triptan, there is a risk of serotonin syndrome if you take certain antidepressants and triptans together, I take sertraline and triptans, which have a caution, they are the same family of antidepressants as citalopram. SSRI. Some GPs are very anti the two together, some are more 'be aware this may happen'. Might be worth getting reassurance from a pharmacist or someone more medically qualified than myself.
Apr 2022
10:09pm, 9 Apr 2022
14,658 posts
  •  
UltraDunc
Citalopram helped me out of great mess and I came away from it without too much difficulty.
Apr 2022
11:15pm, 9 Apr 2022
60,778 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Pinks

My GP was adamant not to take the Triptan so thought best not to. Tonight it’s settled to a dull ache so here’s hoping I can persevere.
Apr 2022
8:03am, 10 Apr 2022
39,033 posts
  •  
Purps
It's a caution as opposed to a contraindication, that said I don't know your medical history aside from this, so your GP may be basing it on other factors, if it's just the two meds together and no other factors and you think you may need the triptans talk to someone else at the surgery to ask advice. I'm glad the headache is easing. I hope the citalopram helps you. X
Apr 2022
1:04pm, 10 Apr 2022
34,361 posts
  •  
Sushi.
I've had to lower my sertraline back to 150mg from 200mg

I seem to need able to manage 3 months on 200mg and then get awful nightsweats. (Known possible side effect) then they settle down again.

6 pj changes a night means my tiredness starts outweighing time mood benefits of higher dose.

I try to stay on the 150mg unless I have a real spike in anxiety or mood crash.

Be nice to think I can get down to 100mg now the better weather's coming. That'll give me somewhere to go when the circus I can't avoid kicks off in the autumn.

LG. Hope you get sorted soon. Migraines and antibes aren't something I know anything about so I can't be of assistance
May 2022
6:33pm, 21 May 2022
8,741 posts
  •  
Dooogs
First time ever prescribed ADs yesterday. I went to GP with symptoms expecting to be told something like "it's situational - do something to change your situation" but instead got "it's situational - but these may help you manage it".

Soooo...on 50mgs sertraline - first one last night. No nasty side-effects yet and I feel like my thinking's clearer today, but that could be a placebo effect, of course. Immediate priority is what to do with this carton of grapefruit juice I'm apparently no longer supposed to be drinking...
May 2022
6:34pm, 21 May 2022
8,742 posts
  •  
Dooogs
PS Soosh -sorry, completely ignored your previous. How's your 150 working for you - did the night sweats go?
May 2022
8:52pm, 21 May 2022
61,931 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
My citalopram seems to be keeping me on an even keel for the moment.

Good luck Dooogs

About This Thread

Maintained by NRGEE