Trin
It must be pretty scary being on the front line
Hugs from me too EB
Jan 2021
7:51pm, 7 Jan 2021
12,871 posts
  •  
early bird
HOD newly qualified and covid. I'm not on the front line but could be very soon. From what I am hearing its dire. Staffing, infection rates amongst staff despite PPE and the sheer physical and emotional trauma. There's a lot stuff happening. My area has cancelled all non urgent surgery etc.

I have a plan of sorts with how to cope but not sure if/how/will it work in 'real life'

People just don't seem to get it.... Just wear your masks ffs. I see so many people either taking them off in the supermarket/hospital (only two places I ever am) to talk to someone up close or just wearing them over the mouth which renders them useless. I constantly challenge people. I just feel exhausted by it all. I see how covid is affecting patients, friends and colleagues. We are all exhausted and scared. Starting the clapping again..... NO THANKS . Can we have adequate staffing and for people to just follow the guidance.
Jan 2021
7:52pm, 7 Jan 2021
12,872 posts
  •  
early bird
Sorry for the rant and thank you all x
Jan 2021
8:07pm, 7 Jan 2021
6,344 posts
  •  
1step2far
Eb rant away... I feel the same, and I've been qualified longer. I feel for you guys coming out in to this newly qualified. It's pure hell.
Jan 2021
8:27pm, 7 Jan 2021
6,333 posts
  •  
Corrah
Really feel for you EB. xx
Jan 2021
7:30am, 8 Jan 2021
2,602 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
I feel for all of you on the front line, it must be exhausting and so frustrating. I wish there was more we could do on the out side. I challenge people when I see them not wearing masks properly, (got told to f-off in Lidl last week by an old man who only had it over his mouth!)

I hate the utter stupidity and bloody mindedness of so many people.
Jan 2021
8:07am, 8 Jan 2021
35,308 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
Rant away EB it’s a worrying time and you do a
Fantastic job. My school friend died and guy at work died from COVID in the last few weeks. It’s a real situation I’ve followed the rules throughout but others I know haven’t. It’s frustrating the anti vaccine mob the hoax mob. The only thing I don’t understand is are people getting flu as well ?
Jan 2021
9:44am, 8 Jan 2021
6,345 posts
  •  
1step2far
HoD can't speak for other hospitals but we've seen almost no flu. Which we are thankful for. It's almost as if covid is the alpha virus and flu can't get a look in.

Thanks BFE, it's hard when noone can see the 'battle fields'

I constantly have to point out that not dying from covid is not the same as being really sick, requiring ITU and recovering. Death toll is only part of the story.

About This Thread

Maintained by NRGEE