•  
BarefootEm
I'm glad it's helping too x
Sep 2020
8:47am, 12 Sep 2020
3,306 posts
  •  
jangles
I've not really been talking much about my mental health recently.

There are a lot of people in a much worse place than I am and I keep trying to focus on the positives.

I have a secure home
I have an income
My family are all safe and well
I know I'm loved, although my negative thoughts are not allowing me to fully appreciate this at the moment.

I'm feeling generally unwell. There's not really anything wrong with me but I'm having stomach pains, headaches and general malaise and know myself well enough to understand that it's all coming from an inability to relax. I have no real idea what's wrong but I feel incredibly tense. I don't feel like I'm worrying about anything in particular but I can feel the cloud around me. I know I need to eat better and actually do some exercise but for some reason, I'm just not... time passes and all I seem to do is work or waste time.

I had a brief consultation with my GP recently who prescribed me an antidepressant. I didn't bother picking up the prescription because I really want to learn to understand and manage myself without resorting to medication. Part of this management is recognising what is wrong and opening up.. so, here I am saying something is wrong but I don't know what or, what to do about it. Perhaps just putting it out there will help!

I hope everyone else is coping.. love to you all X
Sep 2020
8:49am, 12 Sep 2020
18,995 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Love back x
Sep 2020
3:07pm, 12 Sep 2020
1,552 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
Lots of love back Jangles, isn't it amazing how our mental health impacts on our physical well being too? Never ceases to amaze me.

I hope getting it out in black and white does help, this is a safe space to talk about feelings if you want to x
Sep 2020
10:24pm, 13 Sep 2020
35,087 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I’m the same J although I picked them up and put them in the cupboard as a comfort blanket.

My counsellor that had been assigned to me is a bit forthright and direct (to the point of being rude). I’m not warming to her felt she was a bit dismissive and basically messed the original time up.

I don’t know if I can ask for a different one
Sep 2020
10:34pm, 13 Sep 2020
1,569 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask for someone différent. You need to feel at ease and relaxed with a counselor for it to work, of you don't gel with someone, for whatever reason, it's not a good basis for this.
Sep 2020
10:40pm, 13 Sep 2020
35,088 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
She said to me have you got a crystal ball quite aggressively I said well no well how can you predict the future.

She also didn’t ring me at the agreed time as she claimed we ‘didn’t’ agree it. Was another date. Well I know 100% it was 10th and 10 I even wrote it down.

Those that know me realise I’m not a shrinking violet or over sensitive so it’s not that. The thing is I believe she does know what’s she’s talking about I’ve had people in past that were nice but not effective. The woman who did my initial call was much nicer
Sep 2020
9:00am, 14 Sep 2020
2,655 posts
  •  
Trin
There has to be a balance though HOD, there has to be mutual trust and respect for the counselling to be properly effective. I had a counsellor many years ago who had a similar attitude to yours and she even said that I was constructing some of my memories of the abuse I told her about!
I didn't see her again after that.
Sep 2020
5:17pm, 14 Sep 2020
35,091 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
OMG some get cocky
Sep 2020
7:54am, 15 Sep 2020
5,950 posts
  •  
Corrah
That sounds unprofessional Trin. Doesn’t sound good either HoD. Hopefully just a blip.

Popping in to spread some love about to everyone xx

About This Thread

Maintained by NRGEE