Deltoid ligament injury

1 watcher
Aug 2013
12:54pm, 27 Aug 2013
6,632 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Well this has not been a good couple of months.

Post Northumberland Coastal Run I had pain in my foot, turned out to be tendonitis across 2nd & 3rd metatarsal, right foot. I have behaved and rested it and only this month started to run again, it was almost pain free - just a niggle going up hill so decided to keep off the fells and out of the woods until it was fully fit.

Saturday we took the dogs for a walk in the woods, just a walk, nice and sedate and very pleasant. Got home and felt an ache in my ankle, nothing major but it was there. Sunday took Bailey for a run and ankle was sore so we cut it short. By yesterday it was very painful and swollen under my ankle bone. Turning foot inward or outward is the worst.

Popped to docs this morning and its deltoid ligament by all accounts. At no point have I gone over on my ankle, I have been super careful because of the tendons so I am just devastated. GNR is in 2 and a bit weeks I was supposed to be running with my mum but that is not looking likely now.

Anyone else had experience of this and can offer any rehab advice/exercises - docs being docs just say no running no exercise and rice. Which is all good but what can I do to help it repair? Thanks
Aug 2013
1:45pm, 27 Aug 2013
6,533 posts
  •  
Barky
I did my deltoid many years ago after I fell off a bike at the Bath tri ('87) - I didn't have quick release peddle/shoes, but the old strap ones at the time :s. If I seem to remember I went to see a physio to get treatment for it as I was also training for the Nice Tri and wanted to get back on the road ASAP. Not a lot of help, but it would either that or loads of rest.
Aug 2013
3:13pm, 27 Aug 2013
6,633 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I've got appt pending not til 24th sept which was arranged for my foot. I'll see if I can get to see someone sooner quicker I'm fixed the happier i
I'll be!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by geordiegirl
Well this has not been a good couple of months.

Post Northumberland Coastal Run I had pain in my ...