Dear Scottish Fetchies

66 watchers
Jul 2020
7:50pm, 30 Jul 2020
19,084 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
And who is Nippy?

Pathetic attempt at insults really. Primary school playground stuff. Really shows up the mentality. :(
Jul 2020
7:54pm, 30 Jul 2020
17,011 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Blimey. Jackson Carlaw resigned. What is it with Scottish Tories & Labour and inability to find a leader.
Jul 2020
9:47pm, 30 Jul 2020
6,090 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
I honestly had to look up who Jackson Carlaw was. No wonder we live in a one party state 😉.

I think that Scotland's stats sadly reflect a failure of the Scottish govt to diverge from RUK quickly enough. But I don't see that the FM was in a position to go it alone in Boris's 'lost week'. If we had been independent at that point we'd have been far better off. But if we were independent now and going forward we'd be deeper in the shit economically than we are as part of the UK IMO.
Jul 2020
7:36am, 31 Jul 2020
71,889 posts
  •  
santababy
Nike conference. The Virus was here long before.

The stats. We were following the uk advice until March then thankfully took out own path and the results speak for themselves.

The care homes I can’t understand at all, it’s happened all over world but old folk were always a high risk so I don’t know why ring wasn’t put round homes at beginning.

Spain- so would you rather she just didn’t bother and let it spread?

Uk Government opened up Air bridges and travel without having contingency, soon became clear Scotland had to follow because you know, we don’t have a wall to keep folk out and a virus doesn’t understand borders.

You know, that Scottish border ? the one that doesn’t exist?

Tell that to the folk who live in the Scottish Borders...

Other than that I am thankful I live in Scotland. Right. First post in long time on fetch.

Away to build that wall. No pleasing unionists. None. See ya, wouldn’t want to be ya.
Jul 2020
7:38am, 31 Jul 2020
71,890 posts
  •  
santababy
Oh and at least you’ve got Carlaw to help keep the Union strong and stable and better together

Oh wait.

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Jul 2020
7:51am, 31 Jul 2020
17,015 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Aye, its been a roaring success. Third worst in Europe, but we are better than the English !

The reality is that Independence will not solve the problems in Scotland and in my view would exacerbate them as we would be led by people like Carlaw, or Leonard or Rennie or most likely Sturgeon or her replacement. The prospect as an independent county on top of the effects of Brexit and Covid would not be great.

Rather than this grievance and divisive approach taken by the Nationalists, if there was an attempt to bring people together there might be some common ground.
Jul 2020
8:07am, 31 Jul 2020
71,891 posts
  •  
santababy
Can’t actually believe that anyone would choose tory Boris Matt etc and the shambles down there over a useless 300 yr old union.but hey ho.

Each to own.

3rd worse because we were following uk advice 🤷‍♀️

Right I’m off for run.
Jul 2020
8:33am, 31 Jul 2020
1,888 posts
  •  
JRitchie
As an idea I think it would be great if Scottish Parliament could allow pubs to open, say THURS, FRI SAT EVE and allow Scottish Gyms and leisure facilities to open SAT Night and MON, TUES WED.

Wouldn't it be excellent if we could actively try to buck the trend of the national sterotype in our relationship with alcohol through this pandemic.
Jul 2020
8:35am, 31 Jul 2020
1,889 posts
  •  
JRitchie
Santababy Im afraid Scotland has an independent public health responsibility under devolution. Pre: March the Scottish Government were agreeing with Westminster, not following their advice.
Jul 2020
11:08am, 31 Jul 2020
17,017 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
SB, one of the problems with nationalists is that you take any objection to independence as being support for the tories. In my case nothing could be further from the truth.

What I want is the best for Scotland, which is actually the same as you. While independence gets us away from the tories, I think it brings with it a whole lot of other issues none of which are properly answered

I don't feel the SNP govern very well right now and the issue of blaming following government advice for the situation in Scotland while claiming credit for then diverging ignore the fact that Sturgeon could have taken a different route from the start. Albeit she would have been hamstrung by the Furlough scheme etc

About This Thread

Maintained by ChrisHB
There's some charlatan with a Scottish name talking in London today, urging us down here to persuad...