Dead Garmin? Help!

2 watchers
Sep 2012
4:04pm, 29 Sep 2012
1,761 posts
  •  
Duchess
I have a Garmin 205, it's just over a year old and has always behaved itself. Yesterday I downloaded a route from here (so I could go and check out the race route on foot) and left it charging off the laptop.

Today I get to Linlithgow - and it's completely dead, won't switch on at all.

I'm now home and, thinking it had a flat battery, have plugged it in a normal. And nada. Garmin connect and Fetch both say there's no Garmin there. It still won't switch on and it doesn't even say "charging" as it normally would.

I'd be unhappy anyway but I have my first real 10k tomorrow, and really wanted my Garmin for it! :-(

Any suggestions what's wrong, or how to reincarnate it?
Sep 2012
4:10pm, 29 Sep 2012
7,029 posts
  •  
For My Light
can reset your unit by pressing the "Mode"(reset/lap) and "Power" buttons at the same time

Try the above
Sep 2012
4:26pm, 29 Sep 2012
1,762 posts
  •  
Duchess
... then glare at it again, plug it back in, and hey presto, it starts charging and *talking* to the laptop :-)

Thank you very much! :-) :-) :-)
Sep 2012
4:29pm, 29 Sep 2012
7,030 posts
  •  
For My Light
Good news :)
Oct 2012
1:22pm, 1 Oct 2012
10,756 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
I had the same thing with mine last night, completely dead. This morning I have been pressing both reset/power at the same time but evenually by luck I decided to plug it in one more time, so I guess to do the reset you press those two buttons down for a while and THEN PLUG IN again and it'll kick into life.

I'm still awaiting a reply from the place I purchased mine as it's only 4 months old. But seems to be back to life which is a blessing! Amazing how quick you get used to Garmins - like a mobile phone, I was thinking I'd have to go back to mapping out runs :O

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Duchess
I have a Garmin 205, it's just over a year old and has always behaved itself. Yesterday I download...