Dating and the Single runner

4 watchers
Mar 2016
4:59am, 16 Mar 2016
862 posts
  •  
Duffo
I recently became single again, and i have been looking at the various dating websites out there, and by crikey are there a lot of em..

I was curious to know if any of you have come across the following sites, and whether any of you have tried them?

www.uniformdating.com

www.mysinglefriend.com
Mar 2016
7:18am, 16 Mar 2016
20,661 posts
  •  
halfpint
You might want to ask on here m.fetcheveryone.com

Not that many of the participants are actually single any more but they may have tried the sites. FWIW I think a friend drunkenly attempted to make a profile for me on mysinglefriend. There were actually no men in the area I lived registered on the site. That was years ago though.
Mar 2016
10:21am, 16 Mar 2016
17,081 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Are you getting served adverts for a dating site for runners constantly by this website?

It usually appears for me just there ----->

No good for me, of course.
Mar 2016
10:29am, 16 Mar 2016
4,999 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
A long, long time ago I used mysinglefriend. It was quite good as you had to have a friend write about you, which stopped a lot of the "interesting" characters.

Oddly though, I met my wife via plentyoffish, which at the time was filled with tons of people just looking for hook-ups (nothing wrong with that when you are up front of course).

I have no idea if that is of help :-)
Mar 2016
10:50am, 16 Mar 2016
7,487 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
I, personally, think that they're all an enormous waste of time. Of course, things might be different if you didn't fall out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, like myself.
Mar 2016
10:54am, 16 Mar 2016
5,000 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
It kinda depends where you live, and your lifestyle, in my view. Brave new world and all that.
Mar 2016
10:57am, 16 Mar 2016
16,684 posts
  •  
Meglet
I met my boyfriend on Match.com. We'd both put down running/cycling as interests. My experience of dating sites is to be thick skinned and be picky (set limits like distance, age, interests), but trust your instincts and take a chance on meetings. I met about 6 people in total and had further dates with three, I think.

If I hadn't met him at that time I'd have just done more social stuff involving things I like, eg running club, indoor climbing course, expanding my social circle and meeting like-minded people without any expectations.

Have fun looking, and good luck!
Mar 2016
10:59am, 16 Mar 2016
16,685 posts
  •  
Meglet
Fozzy you're being very harsh on yourself. So not how other see you x
Mar 2016
10:59am, 16 Mar 2016
17,084 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Is there much real success with dating sites? Some very good friends who are now married met through a site, but surely most people still meet through mutual friends or through work or a hobby?

As I seem to remember it, you meet someone in real life, slowly find out which points they meet on your ticklist, discover some points that didn't make your ticklist which you prefer to some of the other points on your ticklist, and build things from there.

From what I read, with dating sites, the ticklist is the be all and end all, and it prevents you meeting people who you'd be better matched with.

And Fozzy, I'm going to say (as a bloke to another bloke, in a having a pint with mates kind of way) that your description of yourself isn't necessarily what others think.
Mar 2016
11:02am, 16 Mar 2016
17,085 posts
  •  
DeeGee
For instance, my blonde, teetotal, non-running vegetarian wife who hates visiting large cities would not have made any kind of shortlist.

About This Thread

Maintained by Duffo
I recently became single again, and i have been looking at the various dating websites out there, an...