Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Cyst on knee

3 watchers
May 2013
9:13pm, 10 May 2013
16105 posts
JohnnyO
Not good, but it is often better to live with something that is new, not normal, but harmless, than have it excised and find that you get complications.
May 2013
6:22pm, 11 May 2013
1161 posts
wiener dog
Yeah thats annoying KK, but as johnny says better to live with it if it's not causing a problem. Mines only coming out because it is irritating the bursa in my knee & randomly swelling up which is restricting the amount of stuf I can do. Oddly today it's behaved well and is barely noticable even after running for an hour - however 2 days ago I was fairly innactive & it swelled up & was burning all night.
May 2013
3:33pm, 13 May 2013
1165 posts
wiener dog
Just a quick question for one of the 'medical' types on here - I did ask the Doctor this, but he didn't really answer. Why does this cyst swell up randomly ( about the size of a large marble) then go down as quickly as it came up particullarly during exercise. Sometimes it hurts, sometimes not? This morning I did a long run & the lump was huge when I got back now it's hardly there! Also ( maybe wishful thinking ) what are the chances of it dissapearing totally in the two wks or so before I'm due to get it removed?
May 2013
3:52pm, 13 May 2013
1166 posts
wiener dog
Boing
May 2013
5:09pm, 13 May 2013
1167 posts
wiener dog
Anyone?
May 2013
10:58pm, 13 May 2013
9893 posts
Argie
Fuck knows?

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I thought I had bursitis but upon further inspection I found a small lump on top of my kneecap. Ther...