Cycling Skill

2 watchers
Jul 2017
9:30pm, 27 Jul 2017
3,804 posts
  •  
Blotts Mate
Try decreasing squares - this was how I was coached to improve cyclocross bike handling. Squares are tricky. Small squares very tricky.
Jul 2017
5:00pm, 29 Jul 2017
3,893 posts
  •  
Kieren
@richmac - offroad is a good suggestion. I have a keen mountain bike / motocross rider at work who recommended the same. It's on my list to hire a bike on a trip to Wales but not anytime soon for logistical reasons.

@Blotts Mate - Thanks. That sounds good. My slow speed control has definitely declined over the years.

Talking of cyclocross, one of the magazines (can't remember which ) has some CX tips and they recomended getting used to putting power through the pedals whilst dragging the brakes. The theory is it is then less likely for the backwheel to slip if the freewheel engages. That kind of makes sense to me as the fixie was good at staying up for that reason.

Everything seems to come back to cyclocross :-) If only I have enough space for more than 1 bike.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Kieren
Can anyone suggest ways to improve or even measure bicycle handling skills?

For slow speed contro...