Cycling prescription glasses

7 watchers
Dec 2017
4:22pm, 30 Dec 2017
5,946 posts
  •  
Wobbling
I have a prescription bit that clips into my Adidas evil eyes. And you can buy a range of coloured lenses for the evil eye. I had the prescription bit made by Vision express.
Dec 2017
4:26pm, 30 Dec 2017
98,513 posts
  •  
GregP
I'd forgotten we had this thread. Well bounced, that Fetchie.
Dec 2017
8:58pm, 30 Dec 2017
3,300 posts
  •  
Molesy
I got a pair of Adidas sunglasses from Specsavers about 18 months ago which take a prescription insert.
Dec 2017
10:28pm, 30 Dec 2017
98,516 posts
  •  
GregP
Details? Bizarrely I’m after a clear set of prescription sunglasses to cycle after dark in. That might sound weird but it isn’t, trust me.
Dec 2017
10:32pm, 30 Dec 2017
6,309 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
I bought prescription Oakleys from rxsport. Greppers, I went for transition lenses so I can wear them all year round - clear to dark or back again in no time.

I bought new lenses this year as my prescription had changed enough to warrant it. They’re not cheap, but they are the dog’s danglies IMO.
Dec 2017
6:35am, 31 Dec 2017
98,518 posts
  •  
GregP
My Oakley transition lenses (Flak Jackets I think) don’t go totally clear, I don’t think - hence the problem.
Dec 2017
9:32am, 31 Dec 2017
3,301 posts
  •  
Molesy
I lied they're Puma, these ones:

cyclechat.net

They came with a set of clear lenses too, only takes a second to swap them. It doesn't look like Specsavers do them any more but you might be able to pick up a pair from somewhere.
Dec 2017
10:36am, 31 Dec 2017
98,522 posts
  •  
GregP
Nice
Jan 2018
3:44pm, 11 Jan 2018
7,368 posts
  •  
GordonG
boing-ette

a quick google search shows the following as providing cycling prescription glasses. I've not got any so i have no comment to make on the actual products (including whether they're interchangeable):

rxsport.co.uk
spex4less.com

optilabs.com

extreme-eyewear.co.uk
Jan 2018
11:26am, 12 Jan 2018
11,086 posts
  •  
richmac
Coming in late. I looked at loads of options when I got serious about riding and Tri's.

Eyes are so cattle trucked that I cannot get either prescription wrap arounds or clip ins strong enough, they cannot make the lenses thin enough to work.

Only option was contacts. Long story short when I was a wee lad I tried 'hard' contacts it was a total disaster and was put off for years. 30 + years later fronted up to the challenge and had to talk the optician into it because the contacts are pretty flippin' thick to. Best option for me is monthly disposables.

It took me a few hours to learn (bearing in mind this is one handed) to get them in and out, a few weeks practice to adjust and be competent, luckily I had the best lens buddy, but now few years later its very rare that I'm calling out for help!

Essentially, get lenses,lifes better.

About This Thread

Maintained by Luiz
I've searched the forum for this but I can't find any threads. Apologies if I'm covering old grou...