Cycling prescription glasses

7 watchers
Jul 2014
9:34pm, 22 Jul 2014
74,829 posts
  •  
poires gris
Indeed, Windo. Putting a cassette under one's helmet would be... innovative.
Jul 2014
9:47pm, 22 Jul 2014
1,479 posts
  •  
Cyclops
Are you sure you are too feeble for contact lenses? My 14 yr old daughter has just got some - not daily disposables as she is very astigmatic - for dancing and learned how to get them in and out in less than an hour from not wanting to touch her eyes at all. They are fab, she can see really well and has the added benefit of being able to wear sunglasses for the first time in her life!
Jul 2014
10:26pm, 22 Jul 2014
2,057 posts
  •  
Winded
I am fascinated by the weird mind of this teacher.

So the advice is to crap in a perfectly good hat and then throw it over a hedge; rather than popping behind the hedge and sparing the hat. While thinking about the side of the hedge we are on I am confused about chucking the crappy cap over the hedge. Are we throwing it to the side of the hedge away from the road? So rather than pop behind the hedge we just stopped in the road and pulled our bib shorts down? Or perhaps we did hide behind the hedge to do the deed - but now the teacher seems to be advocating throwing shit filled hat-bombs into the road to the peril of passers by.

I may be overthinking this!
Jul 2014
10:05am, 23 Jul 2014
3,987 posts
  •  
Davide la Banque
There is a story that the venerated Mr Le Mond was suffering a severe case of the trots and one of his minders offered his cassette(sic) to wipe said rider's arse and that said rider then threw it over a hedge whereupon a young boy was observed to chase after it by a rider further along the peloton, a certain Mr Robert Millar. Millar also reported that few wished to ride behind Le Mond as the smell was overpowering.
Anyone who has ridden in the wheel of someone who suffers from wind will acknowledge that phenomenon. We had one rider in our club who was banished to the back of the club run after he had been out on the beer on a satrurday night. tail winds could be tricky though.
Jul 2014
10:08am, 23 Jul 2014
3,988 posts
  •  
Davide la Banque
Oh and Oakleys are excellent with prescription lenses. I have a pair pf full frame that have yellow prescription lenses for winter riding and a pair with dark frames for the summer. Bought them cheap at my local optician who was selling them off so it was a lucky purchase.
Nov 2014
5:21am, 2 Nov 2014
16,923 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
Oakleys don't do a prescription in my range. I have a pair from optilabs excellent service the frame I choose was way too big for me but they were able to change my frame and put my lenses into the smaller frame all free of charge. They do have a try before you buy option
Nov 2014
7:31am, 2 Nov 2014
4,898 posts
  •  
Garfield
I wear contacts...glasses don't give me enough peripheral vision. I bought a pair of sport glasses with an insert in Canada but need to get my prescription put in them at some point. They have interchangeable lenses.
Nov 2014
10:21am, 2 Nov 2014
742 posts
  •  
Dochart
after a fair amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth, I bought a pair from Optilabs. they were eye-wateringly (rather ironic, given that's one of the things I hoped they'd prevent) expensive but they are good. I was a bit aghast that the lenses were really quite grubby on delivery, but the thumb prints all wiped off OK. Specsavers - shame on them - refused to provide me with my PD measurement but it was fairly easy to measure myself.
Nov 2014
6:59pm, 2 Nov 2014
16,928 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
Really I had no problem getting them to give me mine. Compared to other sports specific glasses like Oakleys, Rudy Project I thought they were relatively cheap
Dec 2017
4:13pm, 30 Dec 2017
3,271 posts
  •  
Cyclops
Any more ideas from anyone? My lack of vision is getting to be annoying and, as I only have one eye to start with, a bit limiting.

About This Thread

Maintained by Luiz
I've searched the forum for this but I can't find any threads. Apologies if I'm covering old grou...