Cycling gloves - advice please

1 watcher
Feb 2013
4:57pm, 19 Feb 2013
7,470 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I could do with some cycling gloves and don't know enough to make a wise purchase. I've got some fingerless ones but they have seams that rub and my fingers got cold today. Which ones work for you?
Feb 2013
11:45am, 20 Feb 2013
35 posts
  •  
Maxs Mum
i use my running gloves
Feb 2013
11:49am, 20 Feb 2013
1,346 posts
  •  
CStar
Wiggle do a good pair in their own brand 'dhb' which have served me well through most of the winter, although I have resorted to an old pair of ski gloves on the really cold days, of which there seem to have been quite a lot recently!

These look closest to what I've got wiggle.co.uk

Most of the year I use my Gore fingerless which I love.
Feb 2013
12:05pm, 20 Feb 2013
24,166 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I have loads of pairs! At the moment I'm mostly using Sealskinz cycling gloves, sometimes (on really cold days) with little merino wristwarmers that have a thumb-hole and stop at the base of my fingers. At this time of year it's worth having decent windproof full-finger gloves at the very least. Altura do some cheap ones which are perfectly adequate, and Planet X own-brand ones are also good.

Gore are can't-go-wrong-with for gloves.
Feb 2013
12:22pm, 20 Feb 2013
48,795 posts
  •  
Puddington
I've got Sugoi ones. These, I think wiggle.co.uk
Feb 2013
12:23pm, 20 Feb 2013
18,289 posts
  •  
hammerite
For very cold days I use specialized sub zero gloves, for moderately cold I wear some windproof gloves (have two pairs sealskins ones and cheapo Aldi ones - both work equally well), for not quite cold enough for fingerless I use the liner gloves from the Specialized sub zeros.

For summer riding I use these prendas.co.uk very comfortable, I also used to suffer from seams rubbing on other gloves but not these. Bonus of these prendas gloves.... no velcro to catch on other clothing.
Feb 2013
12:28pm, 20 Feb 2013
109 posts
  •  
Carlos Fandango Jnr
Do Briko Magic still exist? They were great for not freezing but still chilly days.
Feb 2013
1:13pm, 21 Feb 2013
7,485 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Thanks for your advice - I've ordered some Gore full finger gloves.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by GimmeMedals
I could do with some cycling gloves and don't know enough to make a wise purchase. I've got some f...