Dec 2021
8:37pm, 17 Dec 2021
83,283 posts
  •  
Hanneklaas
No, I can't seem to get it...

Mind, I never go anywhere.

I have no lateral flow tests!

I did have it beginning of March 2020, before it became an issue. I suspect that has re-inforced my immune system.
Dec 2021
10:21pm, 17 Dec 2021
38,788 posts
  •  
Purps
Ah, you can't come in because you haven't been LFTd. I see.

They have been a daily occurence here!
Dec 2021
10:32pm, 17 Dec 2021
83,291 posts
  •  
Hanneklaas
I bet! 3 kids in school, you in school...
Of course I am safe, I only see my gardens, the chickens and the cat...
Was a tad upset though tonight: went to collect a friend from the station. He had been stuck in London since Monday tryi g to get back to the States, with Visa problems.
He comes off a 4 hour train journey and tells me that HE has to be careful because I am going to give HIM Covid???

While I was quite aware that me having him in the car was the single act in the last two years that could possibly give ME Covid... I nearly left him at the station!!! I also told him how upset I was! He knows me, he lives in my village and he knows I spend all my working hours alone outside. You know how rural it is here...
Dec 2021
10:34pm, 17 Dec 2021
83,292 posts
  •  
Hanneklaas
Whereas he had been swanning around London all week...
Dec 2021
11:10am, 18 Dec 2021
26,993 posts
  •  
Dave.O
I have someone like that at work Hann, he moaned when I informed him I've been in close contact with someone who has Covid, even though I didn't need to isolate I did till my PCR test came back negative. When I went back to work he kept moaning I was a risk till I fired back that if he's that concerned maybe he shouldn't go out drinking every Friday and Saturday with his mates, go to concerts with thousands of other people, and start wearing a mask in the shops. And if he is really that concerned fuck off and work from home.
Dec 2021
4:49pm, 18 Dec 2021
83,313 posts
  •  
Hanneklaas
Yeah, people like that are so self centred, it is only me me me! I am a virtual recluse and he knows that. He also knows it is because I am vulnerable.
Same friend that came back from 2 months in France, Paris, Marseille, Nice and walks into MY garden for a coffee that I gave to produce, in MY house. He then hands me a mask: you should wear this, he says. He should know I am exempt but... He was there while HE should have been quarantining. HE was the one putting ME at risk 😱
I think Covid has seriously brought out the worst in some people...

Now he wants me to take him back to the station tomorrow! That would be the third time in one week I have to spend 2 hours out of my working day, costing fuel, AND exposing me to risk. I usually go into town for essential shopping once every 6-8 weeks. I do not need to go into town, I do not want to go into town. I did my Christmas shopping last night, while waiting for his delayed train, he missed a connection, and because he needed the shops.
Dec 2021
4:56pm, 18 Dec 2021
83,314 posts
  •  
Hanneklaas
Meh!
He initially wanted me to take him Monday, which I cannot do, then Tuesday, which I cannot do. I told him I wasn't cancelling meetings, treatment, work and/or a social arrangement for him again...
He thought it was thoughlessof me not wanting to puck him up yesterday at 2 😱 I was working!!!
He moaned on Monday that 9 am was too early but I had to be back at 9.30 for a site meeting.
This Monday, I have one at 7.45 so I told him I could take him, but for a 7 am train. He threw his toys out of the pram. Me: you can also take a taxi... Which costs £60... He then offered to pay me. Nope, still have that site meeting!!! I mean, he is getting close to being unfriended 😱
I don't particularly want to waste most of my Sunday daylight hours because Mr does not want to get up early...
Dec 2021
5:26pm, 18 Dec 2021
26,998 posts
  •  
Dave.O
You've got more patients than me Hann as I would have told him to do one by now.
Dec 2021
5:42pm, 18 Dec 2021
83,318 posts
  •  
Hanneklaas
I am currently thinking about how to let him down tomorrow! I need my Sunday! I am so busy, trying to earn a living with a damaged shoulder, project managing my workshop, planning out my herb business for once the building is ready.
I need tomorrow, to plant bulbs, clean the chickens and chill...
Just going to tell him the truth: your attitude on Friday has rather put me off taking you to the station again... Thing is, the friend with whom we share station duties etc is away, so it is all down to me. His wife is in the States and he needs to get back there for a big family Xmas. I understand his stress but... He doesn't seem to understand mine!
You will give me Covid! That is the last thing I want.
Me? How? The last person I saw was you on Monday morning! I am rather anxious about you giving ME Covid!!! Much more likely, having just been like sardines on a train for 4 hours and around london for 5 days 😱
Yup: it stresses me out!
If I end up with Covid, I am on my own with no-one to help me...
Ah, well, at least I have everything I need in the house...

About This Thread

Maintained by Pinks
A place to escape from the world. Relax and enjoy the sanctuary of the Fetch cupboard retreat.

(Originally a place to escape from the chatter of a sporting event, this is a little hiding place for anyone who dares enter.)