Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Cross Country Spikes

3 watchers
Nov 2013
1:56pm, 16 Nov 2013
2927 posts
Autumnleaves
Nov 2013
2:24pm, 16 Nov 2013
4 posts
HowHardCanItBe
I always wear spikes on an all grass/trail course. I feel I get better traction than my studded shoes. Studs also tend to get clogged on a really muddy course and you can end up carrying half a field round on your feet. Off-road shoes are often the better option for a mixed surface, especially if it's stony or with bits of tarmac.
Some people wear spikes without socks as they're less likely to get sucked off your feet in the gloopy stuff, plus socks can get really wet and bunched up (and destined never to be clean again). You may want to consider that when you're trying on sizes, and check them without socks if you think you might be going naked.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by iPaul
Now its been 10 years since I ran a proper cros country race - but since I joined a club recently I...